Moto DCT6412 Question

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK, I just picked up a DCT6412 yesterday. This is my first cable receiver. I am switching from Dish Network.

My first question is this - Does the 6412 provide any display options (e.g., stretch, zoom, normal)? My display won't stretch the picture if I connect via DVI. My Dish 921 provided various options and would automatically retain them (e.g., if it was a standard show it would stretch it; if it was a HD program it would switch to normal).

Also, I haven't found a very good way to search listings. I want to find and setup CSI for recording but when I try to search the guide I don't have much luck.

Thanks in advance.

i don't have that model, but most cable boxes have the options you talk about. usually you have to go into the settings or advance settings to find what you are looking for.

i am sure someone with this model will be able to tell you.

Turn the box off then hit menu, all the options will show up.

bruce said:
Turn the box off then hit menu, all the options will show up.

Thanks Bruce. Not a very intuitive way to get to that menu but it worked. Much thanks for the info. So far I'm pretty happy with the box. I figured out the search feature and it works great.

OK, I set the display settings in the menu. The problem is - whenever I watch a non-digital cable channel it seems like the box resets to factory defaults. Is this normal? Should I only watch the digital channels? It's kind of a PIA to change the settings everytime I watch a non-digital channel.

glenn z said:
I figured out the search feature and it works great.

So what's the secret? All I've found are the Day+ and Day- keys to move around the Guide. There must be a better way to search the Guide by name to setup recordings. Please enlighten me...

If you go to the main menu (menu twice) there is a search option with four boxes with alpha/numeric characters. Enter as many characters as you want and press enter. This will list all shows with the character string you selected. I hope this makes sense. I'm at work so I'm trying to remember how I found it...

glenn z said:
If you go to the main menu (menu twice) there is a search option with four boxes with alpha/numeric characters. Enter as many characters as you want and press enter. This will list all shows with the character string you selected. I hope this makes sense. I'm at work so I'm trying to remember how I found it...

I did find that but it doesn't work very well. For instance, it didn't find Survivor for tomorrow night nor does in find the Desperate Housewives or Lost premieres.

Boy do I miss my UTV...

It doesn't seem to search the entire guide or display all show occurences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts