Motor and switchs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That’s whackd because
A. You’ll burn out the switch
B. The motors will clash with each other
C. If you try to go from one motor to another, you have to hit a channel on the same motor twice for it to work. I use thave a switch before my motor and after burning one out (and replacing it) if I went from the fixed dish to the motorized, I needed to select a channel on the motor twice for the motor to acknowledge what I wanted to do.

I also always thought that you could not use two motors with one receiver, but the diagram seems to imply that it is possible, I would have thought that the receiver wold have got mixed up in the above config.

Thanks Berg,
I don't have one yet so I wasn't sure.

Is it possible then to put a switch after the motor? The first STB moving the dish and a second just to watch the same sat?

Last edited:
Yes you can put a switch between the motor and the LNB’s (or a 2nd dish). That’s what I did for a long time

Receiver------motor----switch----lnb on motorized
----------------------------------------fixed dish

This is what I am planning to do soon. I would like to have my traxis 3500 connected to a motorized dish with single lnb (As it is now) and connect two fixed dishes with three lnbs via a 4x1 switch I already own.
So my setup would be Receiver to motor motor to switch. then lnb on motor to say port a on switch, fixed dish 1 to port b, fixed dish2 lnb1 port c and fixed dish 2 lnb 2 to port c?
Any tips on how to configure the receiver for this setup. When I look at the Antenna Setup menu the DiSeqC switch section is greyed out if I select a motor option. How do I tell the receiver that the motor is on port a of the switch? What am I missing?

uh oh. I know some units you have to pick EITHER a motor or a diseqc switch. And this might be one of them (I know the Satworks was another one). In those cases, you can only use 2 LNB's and a 22k switch (not a Diseqc switch)

I was afraid it was something like that. The 22K option is greyed out along with the switch options after a motor is selected. (not that this option would have worked with my setup)I guess I need to come up with a differnet plan or get another receiver. If anybody has set up a traxis 3500 as mentioned above I would appreciate info on how it is set up in the receiver.

Im thinking about trying that setup in the diagram where two receivers on a switch going out both control the motor. I have reservations about storing 1.2 info on the newly added receiver but...if I use the usals and just tweek it with 1.2 from the bedroom without storing it, it might just be ok. Since a good switch passes .5 amps reliably it just might work.... with FTA being "down" haha...i am bidding on some receivers for a real bargain.

Talking about switches.Does anybody know if the Dishnetwork Multyswitch can be used for something otrher then DN ?
Reinhold.

DishNetwork switches? not really

DirecTV switches? Yes they wil work. The 3x4, 4x8, etc multiswitches work great

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)