Motor DG280 10deg. west off... (help)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

italsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 23, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Hi guys.
A couple of days ago a strong thunder storm hit us hard. strong wind gusts hit my 90cm dish that I have mounted on my roof top.

I couldn't do much about it until the storm passed by, after that i checked to see if I still had my channels up, and found out that they were all gone...:yikes

Yesterday, all day on that roof re- alingnig everything and nothing........ after testing everything, I realized that the motor is off by 10 degrees to the west!!!! At least I think so, because when I do the go to reference command (go to 0) the motor will move that dish and it will stop always on 10.

Don't know what to do anymore, I called SADOUN and they told me that maybe the motor got hit by a surge.... or the receiver...

any body know what could happened and possible fix?
Thanks in advance.

We're not talking about the dish mount slipping on the motor shaft, right? When you go to zero on the motor, the motor shaft is still rotated by 10 degrees?

I had a DG-380 with something like a 2-3 degree bias. I opened it up and it looked like it could be fixed, but it was easier to modify some software to subtract this out. In all honesty I kind of liked having a couple of extra degrees of motion to the east, which this coincidentally gave me. If you or someone else figures out how to fix this, I would be curious. Alternately you could always change the satellite positions for USALS or program in set positions with DiSEqC 1.2.

Have you factory defaulted the receiver just in case or tried with another receiver?

I have a friend who had the same issue with a Stab 90 and a SonicView 8000HD receiver. Well actually the motor died at 10 degrees East. I tried other receivers and it did not moved at all so I replaced it with a new Stab 90. Guess what , It also had the Zero at the same 10 degrees East. I ended up defaulting the receiver to factory and restarting again from scratch. After that the motor correctly positioned at 0. The first one just died out of the blue with less than 2 months and there was no storm at all. I still have no idea what happenened to the first one , I have installed like other 10 so far for friends and they all have been 100% perfect.

Update.

Thanks for the replies!

This happened to me last Friday, so what I did was that on sat after work, I tried to fix the problem by re aligning everything again, etc. no luck at all.

Sunday, the same thing, and that's when I saw the 10 degrees W off the 0 in the motor.

After reseting everything (even me, did a reset to myself just in case :D ) I even brought another receiver from a brother in law, and the same thing, 10 deg. off...... so it was getting late, and had to take the kids to visit their grandpas (do it every Sunday religiously) so I turned off the receiver in the main switch in the back and left it like that until last night, I was going to see if playing a Little bit with it with a fresher mind could help.

Turned the dam thing on and hit the "go to 0 " command, and climbed to the roof and GUESS WHAT??????? :eek: the motor was in the correct place!!! the freaking 0!!!! :confused:

In conclusion, I think that giving NO power to the motor at all for at least 12 hours did the job..... don't ask me why. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)