Motor difficulty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
I'm wondering if someone might shed some light on a problem I'm having. I have a Viewsat Ultra driving a Stab HH 90 motor. It tracks the arc flawlessly from 72.0 -125.0 W BUT when it moves to 125.0 and 1 or 2 others, the picture comes up, but then the dish moves off, presumably goes to its limit then comes back. It doesn't make the thing useless, just makes it take forever to change positions and channels. This is especially noticeable on 125.0. The dish is out of view of the house, so I'm not positive what it's doing, but I think it goes to 125, moves off to 72, then back to 125 and stops there. It's a single LNB, so it's not getting conflicting commands from another receiver. Any suggestions?

My Stab 90 goes to 125 then to zero and back to 125. I tracked it down to a transponder on my true south that is the same as one on 125.

You might try deleting the satellite from your receiver, reboot, then re=enter it. Are you using a sat-list file you downloaded someplace (like the viewsat website, or the internet) or the one the reciever built as you added/scanned satellites? I have a receiver now that had problems with a pre-set satellite name/position, something like you describe. I eventually deleted it, and re-created a new satellite at the same orbital position, with a different name. This was not on a Viewsat but it might work for you.

OK, I think I found the problem. There was another 125.0 W that I had tried to delite, but it was still there, it will not delete, so the receiver is actually looking for the "phantom" 125 that should have deleted but didn't. What's the best way to wipe the satellite list and start over? I have the Viewsat sat list on usb drive. Thanks.

I have a Viewsat Ultra as well. I also had some kind of mix-up in my sat list in the receiver. I found that if I edited the channels and satellites with the Channel Master editor and exported it to the proper format, I had duplicated satellite entries in the receiver's list after uploading to the receiver.
The ones that were duplicated had one satellite with the actual degrees and another one with 0 degrees. This would cause my motor to show some odd behaviour. It only happened on the satellites that I had set up with the motor. If I deleted the entry with 0 degrees, it would delete all my channels on that satellite.
If finally found out that if in Channel Master I got rid of all the motor settings for every satellite, exported the list and then uploaded it to the receiver, it would not duplicate the sats. I then had to manually set up each satellite for the motor again.
I used USALS for most sats.

To wipe the sats, just get a new list and upload it to the receiver via USB. You could also do factory reset before uploading.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)