Motor Elevation accuracy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
1) How accurately the motor elevation needs to be set?
I made the pole plumb (checked on pole and motor mounting bracket) and peaked the signal on 97° W as west of 105° is blocked for me. Now I am not able to lock channels on SBS-6 and AMC-6. I tried both Usals and 1.2 in vain. When I move it back to 97°W, signal is at peak. Now I think it could be due to Latitude setting on the Digipower SG2100 motor. I have approximately set it to 37.5° against 37.37° actual, as there is little slack on the pointer, which is a washer with a needle point, but it can produce a error about 1°. Any comments?

2) Does lattitude value in USALS location set up has any effect on movement?

Last edited:
I always take into account the weight of the dish and motor as they WILL pull everything forward!

PSB said:
I always take into account the weight of the dish and motor as they WILL pull everything forward!
Thanks Pete,
I have a Samsonic 30" dish and SG 2100 motor. What do you suggest?

I would try to get a level on the top of the mast then off-set it to take into account the weight of everything!

I have a roof mount from Soudon that promises a plumb mount. So far, it's been good in that promise. If the weight pushes us down a bit, I can tweak the bolts a bit to get back to perfect plumb if I have to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)