Motor Elevation accuracy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
1) How accurately the motor elevation needs to be set?
I made the pole plumb (checked on pole and motor mounting bracket) and peaked the signal on 97° W as west of 105° is blocked for me. Now I am not able to lock channels on SBS-6 and AMC-6. I tried both Usals and 1.2 in vain. When I move it back to 97°W, signal is at peak. Now I think it could be due to Latitude setting on the Digipower SG2100 motor. I have approximately set it to 37.5° against 37.37° actual, as there is little slack on the pointer, which is a washer with a needle point, but it can produce a error about 1°. Any comments?

2) Does lattitude value in USALS location set up has any effect on movement?

Last edited:
I always take into account the weight of the dish and motor as they WILL pull everything forward!

PSB said:
I always take into account the weight of the dish and motor as they WILL pull everything forward!
Thanks Pete,
I have a Samsonic 30" dish and SG 2100 motor. What do you suggest?

I would try to get a level on the top of the mast then off-set it to take into account the weight of everything!

I have a roof mount from Soudon that promises a plumb mount. So far, it's been good in that promise. If the weight pushes us down a bit, I can tweak the bolts a bit to get back to perfect plumb if I have to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts