Motor failure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
My stab90 died on a 36" dish. dish was stuck on 83w. long time ago i got an sg9120 for half price as a spare. but the shaft is 55mm.
any solutions as to mount this dish (42mm tube) on this motor ?

My stab90 died on a 36" dish. dish was stuck on 83w. long time ago i got an sg9120 for half price as a spare. but the shaft is 55mm.
any solutions as to mount this dish (42mm tube) on this motor ?
If what Brent B stated does not work, and if the 44 and the 55 are interchangeable, we could swap tubes. I have a new motor with a 44MM tube.

i dont think the tubes are interchangeable between the sg9120 and sg9120b that is why they have different model numbers....i believe the tube mount is slightly different....this would be a good excuse to get yourself a 1m or 1.2m dish....lol

i dont think the tubes are interchangeable between the sg9120 and sg9120b that is why they have different model numbers....i believe the tube mount is slightly different....this would be a good excuse to get yourself a 1m or 1.2m dish....lol
I have a 1.2M and this motor can not lift it back "up" from 125. Thinking of building a P mount for it this winter and getting a better mover.

Last edited:
If what Brent B stated does not work, and if the 44 and the 55 are interchangeable, we could swap tubes. I have a new motor with a 44MM tube.
AS far as I can see there is no way to remove the tube from the shaft. I'm working on a modification to the dish, using the bracket from the old stab 90.

The shafts on the SG-9120 original model and SG-9120B are not interchangeable, so you would have to purchase the 9120B. I have both motors (actually, two of the 'B's and one of the original) and they have worked very well so far.

AS far as I can see there is no way to remove the tube from the shaft. I'm working on a modification to the dish, using the bracket from the old stab 90.

if you are reffering to the sg9120 you CAN remove the shaft, i have done it myself....if you look up the shaft towards the motor there is a bolt at the top....this requires an allen key head on a socket with a long extension and ratchet to be removed....when you undo this bolt the shaft will slide off the motor....but the smaller shaft on the sg9120b model mounts differently and is not interchangeable with the sg9120 motor....

I have a 1.2M and this motor can not lift it back "up" from 125. Thinking of building a P mount for it this winter and getting a better mover.

that is very strange, sounds like a defective motor to me, an sg9120 should have no problems whatsoever moving a 1.2m dish

I did it replacing the original bracket with 42 tube (from the dish), with the old mounting bracket from stab90. inserted 2 pcs 1" thick nylon blocks as spacer on each side of the arm and u-bolted the 55 tube from sg9210 to this bracket.

Attachments

• 55mm tube1.JPG
    55mm tube1.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 55mm tube2.JPG
    55mm tube2.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 120
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)