Motor going red

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

perrinrigo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Hello guys!

My motor (SG-2100) went weird all of a sudden. While it worked great previously, now it refuses to move and the led goes red (on the motor) each time I ask it to move. What's going on? And what should I do to make go again? (I already tried to power off the receiver a few times. The led goes off then, but as soon as I ask to motor to move again, it goes red again).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello guys!

My motor (SG-2100) went weird all of a sudden. While it worked great previously, now it refuses to move and the led goes red (on the motor) each time I ask it to move. What's going on? And what should I do to make go again? (I already tried to power off the receiver a few times. The led goes off then, but as soon as I ask to motor to move again, it goes red again).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check your coax cable connections if they are not loose.

I had the same problem before and it was the coax connection behind the receiver.

Thanx for your answers, guys.

Dreamfox1, I checked the connections. They seem tight enough. Anole, I checked the page you mentioned. I tried to reset the motor. (power off - press on both buttons at the same time - power on...) I got a green light, which became red again as soon as I tried to move the motor. But weather conditions are rather wet, this morning, here. Anything else I should check when rain stops?

Does the motor LED blink orange as it receives the DiSEqC commands from the receiver?

Is the motor parked on or near the limits?

After resetting the motor, can the motor be moved using the button(s) on the motor?

Brian,

To your first question: I don't know. For that, I'd have to move the receiver to the dish (and we're still having a mix of rain and snow, here. Not a good day to play with the sat set up).

To your second question. No. Well, I don't think so. I usually go to G10r (G18?) and back without a glitch and it's stuck at AMC15.

To your 3rd question. It doesn't seem so, after the test reset I've done this morning. (I didn't move the receiver. I powered it off in the house, went outside to the dish - in the rain - pushed on both buttons awhile, came back inside, powered the receiver on, went back outside to the dish, saw the green led, tried to push both buttons anyway - think that's what I was suppose to do to complete the reset - but got a red light as soon as I touched one of them.) Perhaps the reset failed.

It'll be easier to make any diagnostic when I'll be able to take the receiver to the dish. I don't know why, but it seems to me that kind of thing always happen when winter is close by.

Thanx again for the help, guys!

O.K.! The weather calmed down and I went to the dish with the receiver, this morning. Not good. I thought for awhile I had a cable trouble, but the motor does exactly the same thing when the receiver is at the dish than when it's in the house. I don't seem to be able to reset the thing. I discovered something else, though. When I try to go to G4c, the motor blinks. But when I want it to go to the next sat east or west, (or G10), it goes red. Did I fry it or what?

You're holding the buttons the whole time you power the receiver back on right?
According to the webpage:

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Reset Instructions for the new SG2100 with 2 control buttons.
  1. Turn off your receiver to stop the power to the SG2100.
  2. Press and hold BOTH control buttons on the motor.
  3. Turn on your receiver to apply power to the motor. At this time the indicator light should alternate between green and red. Continue to hold the two control buttons until the indicator light shows a steady green. The indicator light will normally flash from green to red about 15 times.
  4. Your motor is now reset.
[/FONT]

Euh... no. I'd need a third hand to do that. It seems like to apply enough pressure to each button, I need both my hands... Anyone got a spare hand?

Question: When they say power on or off, do we talk about the black switch in the back, or is the sylver button in the front - and accessible with the remote - is enough to do the job?

Thanks again

Euh... no. I'd need a third hand to do that. It seems like to apply enough pressure to each button, I need both my hands... Anyone got a spare hand?

The SG2100 web page recommends a quick connector but I don't know if that is a good idea since you could toast a switch, but it would sure be easier.

Question: When they say power on or off, do we talk about the black switch in the back, or is the sylver button in the front - and accessible with the remote - is enough to do the job?
You can use the LNB Power setting in your receiver via the remote. I think most receivers should support this setting. Otherwise you need to use the switch on the back to cut the power. The remote power button really means standby.

Thank you to all of you for the hand :). With HER help and your tips, I finally managed a reset, yesterday. The motor is running again (Yeah!), although the USALS is now useless. It'd need a serious adjustment for it to be at least adequate. I don't know if I'll try that... and if so, if I'll be able to do it before winter.

Anyway, I'm very grateful to you for your help. My motor is back!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)