Motor problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcj800

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
PBS I see that you can help me setup my motor for my FTA. My zip is 42303 can you give a little help I tried to get working last night and after 4 hours I just went to bed. I am going to try when I get home from work today.

I know Pete can work his magic and give you more info, but I can tell you where your located, your "true south" satellite is AMC3 (87W). So that's a good sign :)

Ok

OK so if I have a dss single lnb dish with this motor what angle do I setup it at. The Manual says 24 but I got nothing from that so you are saying 46 and then point at 182 for true south.

You need a KU band LNBF to pick up the FTA stuff

DSS LNB will only get the audio on ExpressVu 91 & Dish 119

It is actually a generic dish that was used for DSS. It has no name on it or anything so I figured it would work.

Iceberg said:
You need a KU band LNBF to pick up the FTA stuff

DSS LNB will only get the audio on ExpressVu 91 & Dish 119

Is there anything decent on 91? My 30" dish won't see through the trees but I have a single LNB DirecTV dish doing nothing.

What if I got an lnb off of a dish 500 system or something like that would that be better?

91 , 110, 119 for sure. Then anything else that has some good sports such as soccer my son is a soccer kid likes to watch it.

wcj800 said:
It is actually a generic dish that was used for DSS. It has no name on it or anything so I figured it would work.

What size is the dish...for most FTA, you need at least a 76cm (30") dish

Hope you are looking for FTA dbs? You set your motor to 52 deg. elevation, then set the dish to peak in the satellite, but there is no dbs programing on AMC-3, and I have never tried to set up a dss dish on a motor. Hope you have not spent all this time and effort just to get the very few worthwhile dss channels?????????

What size are the dss old single lnb dishes? That is what it is. Looks close to 30".

Cascade said:
There's nothing on 110 or 119 except a test card.

on 119 there is NASA, the Muzak audio channels, and 101, and the compelling "You need a 2nd dish to view this channel"
on 110 there is the sports & PPV preview channels, the "locals are available in your area", and don't forget the ever compelling "You have a Dish 500"

wcj800 said:
91 , 110, 119 for sure. Then anything else that has some good sports such as soccer my son is a soccer kid likes to watch it.

The only channel that is FTA on any of those are Gol TV on 110

Everything else is scrambled

Actually I was wanting Bev for the Nascar in car channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts