Motor question- P* to SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nothing wrong with having more than one pole "planted" - I have my motorized setup on one, and then I have a Primestar dedicated to G10 as that is my "main" satellite. I had the motor on the "stationary" pole 1st, but then became concerned that I did not have it deep enough, so I scouted out in the yard and found a location that I figured would get more satellites. So I "planted" another pole, deeper and moved my motoirzed setup there. I went from getting 72w to 129w to getting 43w to 148w. And, now when I want to check out the other satellites, I can quickly switch back to G10 without delay or wear and tear on the motor :)

Nothing wrong with having more than one pole "planted" -

You must not be married...:D

There's a tree just to the right of the dish so if I go any farther back away from the house thats going to wreck my view of the southeastern part of the arc. Anywhere else I'l be running 250' of coax. Front yard is out of the question, by order of she who must be obeyed...:cool:

Attachments

• due south.JPG
    due south.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 115
  • southeast.JPG
    southeast.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 136
  • the finished product.JPG
    the finished product.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
250' that's a looong run!

I am married, but I made sure early on in the hobby that she knew about what was on the satellites (especially G10). So, since they have some shows she likes, she has been very FTA friendly :) Now if I put the motorized dish in the front of my house, I could gain even more! My wife even told me I should put it there then, who cares what people think. But, I just can't do it. I don't want the dish right in front of my house. I really don't like it on the side either, but I can "live" with that :)

Good luck on your project! It sounds like you are on the right track!

Stogie, congratulations on the motor install! Your setup looks very good. As for a true south satellite, it doesn't really matter if you're using USALS, but for you in Slidell IA-8 (G-28 now?) at 89w is closer by a little bit to true south than 91w is. Here in Metairie, 91 is a bit closer, but still nearly a degree to the west. I use USALS and have had no problems hitting the arc.

What do you think of RTN on G-10R? :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.