Motor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Say for example I had a motor that could view 80 degrees of the arc. Does that mean that I could only view 40 degrees east/west of my true south? Or does mean I could see any viewable section of the arc, up to 80 degrees wide?

I'm at 63W and everything I'd want is west of me. If I got a 80 degree motor and could only see 40 west/east, I'd only see things up to 103.

I'm at 63W and everything I'd want is west of me. If I got a 80 degree motor and could only see 40 west/east, I'd only see things up to 103.

Thats about it, I didn't know there were motors that only swept 80 degrees of the arc? Maybe there are. The sg-2100 is 70-75, either side for 140 or 150 total, Stab is a little less. What motor are you talking about?

Then maybe I'm just misunderstanding what I'm reading.

I was looking at one at Sadoun and it says +/- 80 degrees. From what you're telling me (and it makes a lot more sense) is that it will see 80 degrees on either side of your southern sat.

I was interpreting that to mean that it was 80 total, and 40 on either side, which would be useless to me. :)

+/- 80 degrees means 160 degrees total, 80 either side of true south. On the SG-2100 page on DMSI's site it says "70?EAST ~ 70?WEST ( 140? ) Adjustable". They should all say something similar to this rather than the +/- mumbo jumbo....it can get confusing.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts