motor question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ibbis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
not from but in central Mexico
I want to install my motorized dish, but I have a question about the LNB-Tilt!
On Galaxy10R (123W) I need LNB-tilt 45.73 and on IA5 (97W) I need LNB-tilt -8,89°. How to set the LNB?
Whats the solution for this?

tilt must mean skew

with a motorized system, you dont skew it...levae it at 0 (straight up and down)

when you motor, it automatically does skew for you

When you calculated the tilt (skew) you must have been looking at the Stationary dish calculator. Like Iceberg said, no need to add any skew to the LNBF when it is installed on a motorized dish. The motor will do the job. :)

:confused: This sort of makes sense. So help me here. I am about to attempt to set my motor on the belt again. I currently have my dish at 20 degrees of skew. I had to adjust the screw to get the signal on the 110W satellite, the only one I could find because I had a reference dish next to me.

If the dish does not have any skew when it is attached to the motor, what's the best way to be side of that? Would I take it off of the motor and put it on the plumb pole and set the angle at zero, so that the angle meter reads 90 degrees as it is placed in the dead center of the dish?

Now, do I take it from the pole and put the motor behind it? Will that be perfect in one way?

What is the next step? Would that be my southern most Sat? Set the dish so it points at AMD5 79 degrees, when it is at zero?

My coordinates are 80.2W/27.2N Zip 34957

I want this to be as painless as possible. The women of the house won't tolerate another weekend of satellite play. I want to get it set, and take her out to smooth over the last week.

I realized I was way off when Iceberg said that the dish is at no angle because the motor puts the skew into it. This was one major screw up on my part.

Joe

Iceberg said:
tilt must mean skew

with a motorized system, you dont skew it...levae it at 0 (straight up and down)

when you motor, it automatically does skew for you

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts