Motor setup when True South is Blocked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
I have a fixed set up to IA5 and planning to add a motor to the setup. I would like to know how to set up a motor, if my TS sat is blocked completely by the bldg in front. My LoS is blocked beyond 105W. My nearest TS will be 121 W or 123 W. (Location 94086).

EchoStar9/Telstar 13 121.0W 178.3 163 46.7 -1.3
Galaxy 10R 123.0W 181.6 166.3 46.7 1.3

If you have USALS, set up your latitude/longitude in the receiver and have it go to IA5. The motor will move to where IA5 would be on the motor...Then put dish up and aim :D

Iceberg, that's how I cheat when installing my motor. Makes life a lot easier compared to find true south :).

If you already have a fixed IA5, just set up the Dish's and Motor's elevation and point your dish to your TS as if there is one.

Then use USALS to move (automatically) the dish to that IA5 and fine-tune there.
That's how I did mine because my TS is blocked, too!

this one for iceberg

:) how the stab motor adjust the variation in elevation on the dish for each satellite because it only make a long. movement right?

The shaft on the motor has a bend in it that makes your dish track the arc perfectly as the shaft moves toward the east or west from center.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts