Motor Suggestion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TreDEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Maybe you guys can help me make a decision. I finally got all the pieces to my motor setup and Im planning on installing it next week while Im on vacation. Ive been told the motor I bought, a DMSi/Moteck SG-2100 loses its position. It was recommended I pick up a STAB motor instead. My stb is a Dreambox DM-7020s. Here is the rest of my setup. Any input is appreciated.

Winegard DS2076 30"/76cm Dish
Invacom QPH031 Dual Polar LNB
SG2100 Motor
Dreambox DM-7020s FTA STB w/ 250Gb Hitachi PVR Drive
Spaun SUR210F 22khz Switch
Spaun WSG90 Weatherproof Switch Cover
Sadoun Super D Mount 2 3/8" Roof Mount

I really really really want to get it right the first time. As you can see I am very particular about the parts I use as no expense was spared. Man for being free to air it sure cost quite a bit to get started lol. Thanks again guys.

I have the Motec SG2100 and I haven't had a single bit of trouble with it. On that small dish I can't imagine you having any issues at all with the motor, especially if you got the DMSi one.

Yea I did my homework on the SG2100 and I know its a great buy for the money. The Dreambox guys out of Canada keep telling me I will have issues with that motor and they officially stand behind STAB. So this morning I caved in and ordered an HH90 from Sadoun. I swear Ive got enough spare parts to do a fixed dish with the way I keep changing this setup. I also went ahead and ordered a 500ft spool of Belden RG6 Quad w/ Digicon F connectors. I better not have any issues with this dish next week or I'm chucking the whole thing into the street. :eek:

bigger is... ?

You reviewed the 36" dishes and rejected them?

As for the motor...
Admittedly, this is propaganda from one of the manufacturers, but it makes interesting reading:
http://64.78.51.244/download/HH90TEST.pdf
It's a comparison between Stab HH90, Satcontrol SM3D12, and Motek SG2100.

If you bought the right tool to strip, and to attach those Digicon connectors, I think you'll be happy.
(except maybe with the price of the tools) ;)

Winegard is regarded as one of the best dish manufacturers out there. I researched the EIRP values on Lyngsat and found a 30" dish would be fine. I couldve purchased their 1m dish but then Id be dealing with modifications to make it motorized and I didnt want that. As far as that "review" check out this site http://www.dmsiusa.com/sg2100.htm and scroll all the way down to the bottom and read what the SG2100 engineers had to say about that review you posted. Good reading. On the connectors I spent the $70 or so on the compression tool from Cable Pro and then picked up a brand new triple blade stripper from Sadoun. Ive owned the tools for awhile and wouldnt give them up for anything else. Heck I even taught my wife how to terminate new ends! LOL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts