Motor Wire Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I've been really lazy lately have not had time to test but... I have chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn... I have the motor connected to my pansat 2700A. The problem is it's not switching from V->H or R->L (or the oposite way). I dont know if this maybe causing the problem, I found some old cable cable that has white , black and yellow. Do i need to be using special cable when attaching the motor to the receiver, or as long as it has the 3 wires i should be fine.

Please advise.

Servo?

slimmswitch said:
I've been really lazy lately have not had time to test but... I have chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn... I have the motor connected to my pansat 2700A. The problem is it's not switching from V->H or R->L (or the oposite way). I dont know if this maybe causing the problem, I found some old cable cable that has white , black and yellow. Do i need to be using special cable when attaching the motor to the receiver, or as long as it has the 3 wires i should be fine.

Please advise.

Not sure about the pansat end since I THINK it changes polarity in a different way (I do not know if it can control the polorator servo motor?)

If you are not sure...it is the little rectangular box on the Co Rotor with the 3 wires going to it - usually blue if it is a chapparel brand

Anyway when these symptoms show up on a 4DTV, it is almost always the wiring or the little servo motor (about $20).

Any wire should do. You should try to get a cheap ohm meter (good to have - about $10) and check the continuity of each wire. If the wiring is ok, try replacing the servo motor on the co rotor II. it is only 4 screws and the 3 wires + the supplied O ring...DO UNPLUG YOUR RECEIVER BEFORE MESSING WITH THE WIRES THOUGH!!!!!
good luck
jeff

servo control

My pansat 2500 A has servo control connections on the back. This will control your servo motor. Any 3 conductor cable will work. Depending on how far it is going, under 200 feet you would probably be safe with 20 awg wire. 18 gauge would be better.

I have used cat 5 cable for servo cable before and it worked. I have also used thermostat wire for actuator cable from the M1 M2 terminals from my analog c-band receiver to position the dish.

I have read some posts where folks were having reed switch problems and used shielded cable to prevent pulse count losses.

Good luck-trucker:) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts