Status
Please reply by conversation.

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I'm putting in a 39" offset dish mounted on a brick wall facing galaxy 19w
Debating weather or not to put a motor on it, obviously it cant spin 360 and to my right there is a brick house.
Would it be worth the extra trouble to get maybe 1 or two more satellites, and has anyone done this.

Many have. Look at www.dishpointer.com to see what satellites would be available. (not blocked by buildings/ tree/ what not)
Zoom in and place the pointer on your location. select the satellite and it will draw a line to it. If there's a building, oh oh. If not add it to your list. You'll have to be the judge as to 'if it's worth it'.

For just one or two extra satellites might be just as easy to add a side mounted LNBF. Sats would have to be at least 4 degrees from one another usually. ANd within around 10 to 20 degrees from the center. A lot cheaper than a motor also. 97 & 103 ?? 103 has an odd ball skew so usually requires a 2nd LNBF anyway.
maybe a http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=659&ws_cat=433
2-LNBF-Brkt-DM-Instld.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, but since its pointed at galaxy 19w there is nothing good within 4 degrees as far as I can tell.
I didn't know about the skew thing also good info to keep in mind.

COZI TV is on 103W world wide web dot cozitv dot com Should be able to do it. Anything from 4 to ~20 degrees. 97 to 103 is six - purrrrfekt. Oh wait, 103 would be right of 97, but not by much.
Not much 24/7 east of 97 tho-.

If you could reach 91W it would be worth it to me. While the abc news feeds are the only regular feeds, it is one of the better ku sats for sports and entertainment wildfeeds.

They are usually they're when I watch. Actually I just checked and they're back. I actually was wondering if you could check to see if ktv 2 and 3 and cyc are working for you on galaxy 19. I suddenly don't have them.

Something is odd here. My 36" dish is a fixed dish aimed "dedicated" at galaxy 19. I decided to set the motorized 1.2 meter to go to galaxy 19 and now they barely come in but better than not. What is odd is that I have never had trouble with galaxy 19 on the 1.2 meter. Even if out of adjustment a little. Its very cold, about 2 degrees and has been as low as -6. The 36" has been mounted to a 4x4 pressure treated post. At first I wondered after you said that all three channels are coming in strong if maybe I am dealing with expansion and contraction, but now I am wondering if the ground itself is moving or if the transponders are week from time to time.
Are you using a bud?

No... I wish I had a BUD, but my dish is a 90 x 99 cm WSI. Were they fine yesterday? Maybe a slow moving weather system nearby?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts