Motorized dish on a tripod?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ajax95

Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Is anyone using a motorized dish on a portable tripod? I might move soon, so I don't want to dig a hole, pour concrete and plum a pole, but I also don't want to have to run outside to rotate my dish every few hours for the next couple of weeks. If so, how large is your dish and what type of tripod are you using? I see Sadoun has a 3' tripod with mast that will hold a 36" dish and in the picture it looks like there is a smaller dish w/motor, thanks for the help.

I do.I have the same issue as you.I intend on selling my house this year so I didn't want to put up a permanent installation.I use a tripod just like the one you mention.I have a galvanized fence post as a mast and use the sg2100 with the Winegard ds2076 dish.I have the tripod bolted to a wooden pallet with lag scews.The pallet lays on my back deck.Just make sure you have a flat surface and the pole must be plum.I will take some pictures this weekend and post them here.
I only had to make a slight adjustment monday due to some heavy winds.It has been up for about 5 weeks with very little trouble.

Yes, I'm running a Pansat 90cm offset with a Pm900s motor on a tripod. I used a TV antenna tripod and heavy 1.5" conduit for a mast. All of it lagged down to a pallet.
Here are a few pics of my setup. Mark

Attachments

• dish1.JPG
    dish1.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 241
  • dish2.JPG
    dish2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 230
  • dish3.JPG
    dish3.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 242
Very nice setup Jarhead. I like it how you bolted the mast to the pallet utilizing the bracket that came with the dish. Smart :)

Here is how I did it.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 259
Thanks John and Jarhead. If the rain stops here in the next few days I'm going to try to install mine. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Sadoun said:
Very nice setup Jarhead. I like it how you bolted the mast to the pallet utilizing the bracket that came with the dish. Smart :)

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment, especially coming from one of our Highly Respected Gold Sponsors . The pallet idea actually came from your website, I added the bracket to add stability and keep it plumb. I plan to add another dish to that setup soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)