Motorized Setup Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lukie

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
I am attempting to get my 36" Fortec moving with an SG2100. I have plumbed the mount. Instructions say to dial in the lattitude on the motor, did that, it is 39 degrees (elevation on the other side of bracket at 51 degrees). The next step is to set the elevation at the dish bracket using the formula 30 degrees - declination, which is 6 degrees for my lattitude, set the bracket at 24 degrees (also happens to be the offset of the dish). My closest true south satellite is AMC5 at 182 degrees, roughly aligned the setup to 192 degrees (+10 magnetic deviation for my area). AMC5 is reported at an elevation of 45 degrees. Something is wrong here. The motor elevation is 51 degrees, I have dialed in 24 degrees onto my dish bracket, the dish is pointing at 75 degrees, not 45 degrees, which is where AMC5 is at. What am I missing here?

There is a program that tells you all the aiming information you need. I just re-did my computer so I don't have it right now. Maybe PSB will jump in and provide that info. I would do that first so you know you have the right information.

The dish/motor assembly needs to be pointing to 192 (or whatever the exact number is). AMC 5 is my TS too so that sounds about right-mine was 190. The 45 degrees for AMC you mentioned is for a fixed dish install so ignore that. Use the numbers from the SG2100 manual and don't worry. As I said you may want to get the info from the program I mentioned to be sure of your aiming angles.

"AMC5 is at 182 degrees from 22308, my zip."

After I posted earlier I realized you must mean the AZIMUTH from your zip to AMC5 which is located at 79° W. Since your zip is at 77° and AMC5 at 79°, 180° from north to south plus 2° from 77° to 79° = 182.

Elchucko said:
"AMC5 is at 182 degrees from 22308, my zip."

After I posted earlier I realized you must mean the AZIMUTH from your zip to AMC5 which is located at 79° W. Since your zip is at 77° and AMC5 at 79°, 180° from north to south plus 2° from 77° to 79° = 182.

you have to add subract magnetic deviation, which for him is +10

so his azimuth for 79 is 192.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts