Motorola 6416 DVR available?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Anyone have this DVR? Is this the phrase III unit? I called Comcast and the HD Rep knew nothing about it. Maybe i'll stop by my local office.

The last two digits determine the hard drive size, so the 6412 has a 120GB drive and the 6416 has a 160GB drive. I haven't heard of the 6416 being available anywhere yet though.

Dct-6416

dont24 said:
Anyone have this DVR? Is this the phrase III unit? I called Comcast and the HD Rep knew nothing about it. Maybe i'll stop by my local office.

I have a Phase III (as well as the previous version) but they are both DCT-6412. Two of the differences between Phase III and the earlier version is the Phase III has HDMI output and coax output. I heard of the DCT-6416 even before the Phase III 6412 came out. I imagine that there would be a Phase III version of the 6416 as well though.
Wayne

Dct-6416

smartys said:
go to any cox cable communications store and buy one I rent mine

Interesting........do you know off hand how much they cost? I live about an hour from Cox territory in Northern VA, it would be worth a trip if they have any retail stores down there. Will Comcast allow the use of a non-Comcast-rented box? Thanks!
Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)