SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
SF Bay Area
Howdy,

I just installed a Comcast - Motorola DCT6412 III STB (HDMI) output stb
it has a HD duel tuner/ DVR with a 120 gig SATA HD which is way too little
the Motorola Data sheet for the DCT6400 Series Phase IIII indicates that
* a SATA connector for additional DVR capacity with external hard drive :hatsoff:

This is Great :up :clap :bow :bow :bow

But is there anybody out there that has done this where it works perfect
and can tell me :confused: :eureka: :bounce the details

BusLink corp. makes a 250 GIG External Sata / USB 2.0 / Firewire 400 drive with external power supply for uner $ 200. with Sata cable
what I like to do is to buy this drive which claims is preformatted hook it up and it would add 250 of HD DVR storage :eureka: :luvlove: :clap

But something tells me that this plan is just too perfect to work :river :no

Advice needed --- thanks :wave

Voomster

Your plan would be just great if the SATA port on the 6412 was enabled. It is not, and word is Comcast has no intention of enabling it.

I just got this same DVR, the first few hours I had it, it seemed I could record a show, hit channel up or down and it would continue recording while I watched something else.

Now everytime I try this, I get a message that says that I have to stop recording to change channels.. however.. last night it DID record two shows on the same time slot... can anyone help with this? (Also the Comcast guide is no help, it says the remote has a "Swap" button.. no such thing on the remote!)

If your remote doesn't have a SWAP button, they gave you the wrong remote. It is located at the bottom in the Picture in Picture area and is right between the On-Off and the Move buttons.

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 496

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts