Motorola DSR-4410

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
I see a few threads about this unit but I'm wondering if it could replace my DSR-410 so that I could get better audio/video.

The commercial IRD's cannot be subbed. If you want the best video & audio on H2H get a 922. It has S video out and SPDIF.

Darn. I see there are a lot of threads about it so guessing others have tried using it. Maybe it can be used for FTA then.

tvropro said:
It has S video out and SPDIF.

Svideo lol.. forgot about that late 80's technology.

Sent from my 1976 Ford Pinto using SatelliteGuys

the commercial boxes only have a BNC output

Darn. I see there are a lot of threads about it so guessing others have tried using it. Maybe it can be used for FTA then.

The commercial units, while they pick up most free stuff on DVB & even DC2, is limited on the transponders. Most only hold one transponder at a time

Assuming that it's been previously authorized (and has a good UID), it should be able to get all the ZK & FP channels at whatever modulations that the 4410 can receive. I don't have a 4410 (I have a 4500x), so I don't know what modulations it will do. The 4500x will do them all. The 4410 may as well.

Cheers

I never had much luck with the S video output!

I use extra high quality cables on my composite output and have better results. ;)

I have my 922, 405 and Dishwrecked tv fed by S video to my HDTV. It works quite well on the DSR's. Pizza is pizza, BlurCompressView.

Got it. Made to bring in one channel or channels on one TP at the best res possible for rebroadcasting or high res output somewhere.

Totally useless unless it can be used on 97 since I've yet to buy a receiver for that.

Anyone know if it could be used on 97, for some of the news channels? I've been needing a fixed receiver, this might be worth it since I already have it.

yep it would work for 97W

But arent the news channels on different transponders (checked and yes they are)

Its best to get a simple FTA receiver that can get more than one transponder at a time (hey I've got a couple simple units for sale..hint hint) ;)

Specifically, I want a fixed unit on 97W, for Al Jazeera, Russia Today, CNC and Press TV.
The others that I'd love fixed would be all of the live news channels on 99W.

>(hey I've got a couple simple units for sale..hint hint)

I paid $50.00 for the dsr and the person is giving me my money back :).
I have yet to resolve the mount sitting on the roof with the fixed dish part of the setup I'm aiming for.

>The 1st two are on the same transponder...the other ones are on separate TP's

Yup, the receiver is of no use to me.
The one you're talking about, around the same price or even less perhaps? :)
Don't need much for features, it'll be fixed. Though, I would LOVE to have both 97W and 99W on one fixed setup.

the 2 I have for sale will handle multiple LNB's (via diseqc switch) or a motor

97 & 99 on one dish will be hard to do. Most LNB's are too big to have a 2 degree separation (4 is minimum)

I've been looking around to see if there's anything new out there, like a single lnb that is already built this way. I've read that folks have done this using a multi LNB bracket.
Still reading, I'd like to get this resolved during the summer. Ain't never going on the roof again in Winter hehe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)