Motorola DSR4402x Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I have setup a DSR4402x receiver, but now I can't seem to get it out of "Setup" or "Install" mode? We used it to receive Annenberg TV but have repurposed the receiver for NASA after Annenberg went off air. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing out of the Setup/Install mode? I don't see it anywhere in the manual, if it's even possible.

I think that model is Digicipher II (DCII) but NASA is DVB so it wont work

The 4402x is Digicipher II and DVB -- I already have the NASA Educational Feed on the receiver, so im good on that one. Only problem I have now is how to get it off the Setup/Install mode ;)

We had a similar problem with model DSR4410 and after calling Moto they said it will not pick up DVB signals even though the manual and the on-screen interface says it will. We bought a I have a Tandberg TT1221A

I don't understand your issue...

the setup/install I'm familiar with on my own 4402X is all done with prompts on the LCD screen and using the front panal buttons to navigate through the menus and set the options.

If by "setup/install" you mean you have a diagnostic screen over the video, it means you have diagnostic screens set to "on" and you need to go into the menu and turn "off" the diagnostic screens.

We had a similar problem with model DSR4410 and after calling Moto they said it will not pick up DVB signals

That appears to be correct, looking at the 4410 sell sheet. The only "DVB" mention i see in the sell sheet is that the 4410 has DVB-ASI input and output capabilities.

If the sell sheet specs don't mention DVB signal tuning tech info, then you know from the specs that it won't tune DVB signals.

I just want to asure you that I *am* receiving NASA TV on the 4402x with the DVB Signal. I can also pick up DCII signals w/o issue on it. Hope that part helps out with anyone having trouble with their 4402x w/ DVB Signals :)

As far as the issue at hand, I want to get it OUT of the mode where you can change settings, etc. Basically, if I push the arrow keys, it goes to Installation, Channel Selection, Diagnostics, etc.. I know before we repurposed it for NASA programming, it was on a different screen, basically the front panel was locked until you pressed a key combination. Maybe i'm wrong in thinking it has a mode that doesn't allow you to change settings, lol.

I did just call Mot and they said they know what i'm talking about, because their other models have a way to get out of "Installation Mode" (What they officially called it) but they had no information on how to get out of it as they didn't have a flood model to go test it on.

you're looking for a "lock out" mode to keep people from messing with the settings?

I know it does DVB (I've used DVB mode before to help an uplinker test something) but it's more a pain to program that way. Definitely nice that you can tune in the NASA feed and leave it and not have to touch it again for a long while. ;)

you're looking for a "lock out" mode to keep people from messing with the settings?

I know it does DVB (I've used DVB mode before to help an uplinker test something) but it's more a pain to program that way. Definitely nice that you can tune in the NASA feed and leave it and not have to touch it again for a long while. ;)

Exactly what i'm looking for, a "lock out" mode :up ;) I'm sure it has that mode, just can't figure out where!? lol

Exactly what i'm looking for, a "lock out" mode :up ;) I'm sure it has that mode, just can't figure out where!? lol

Looking thru the menu trees, I don't see something obvious for lockout. Maybe Motorola assumed the receier would be used in a headend equipment rack in an area with limited access to only those who need to operate the receiver or troubleshoot connections with the receiver.

Your best bets are to put the receiver in a room where you can control access or build a cage for the receiver (not many front panal ventilation holes so someone can't push buttons with a pencil or stick and have lots of ventilation holes on the other sides). The front panal can have hinges with a lock so if you need to operate the receiver, undo the lock, swing open the front and push the buttons with fingers. the receiver needs plenty of ventilation however you work things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.