Motorola DTC-6412 Phase III

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Please forgive me if this is old news. I just got Comcast today with the 6412 Phase III converter. I LOVE IT! I should mention that I am primarily a D* sub and also that I am HD & DVR particular. This box simply rocks. I also have the Hughes HR10-250, it has the TiVo interface & the R15 with the DirecTV interface. I believe this box has the Ucentric software. I love my TiVo, but I also love this box. It was programed to run with my Harmony 676 remote in under 10 minutes.

The converter has:
HDMI
(2) IEEE 1394 ports
(2) USB 2.0 ports
SATA Port (sweet......)
Ethernet
Component
Composite
Coaxial & Optical SPDIF

Kind of a one stop shop, tomorrow, I plan to test the Ethernet and firewire, but I'll check here first, please let me know if it is a waste of time:D I'll test the SATA too but that will be a week or so until I get my new drive upgrade for my Linux PC.

If you have no DVR or no HD, from first impressions, you will love an HD DVR like this. Very well worth the 10/mo

The SATA port is not enabled. Word is that Comcast is not going to enable it either. The firewire is enabled.

Congratulations on the decision to switch to Comcast. :clap

Let us know what you find out during your tests. Also, please let me know what the manufacturer date is on the unit.

Bobby, IIRC this is a Linux based system so there enabling the SATA port should just be a matter of rebooting with the SATA drive connected and boom. I'll find out come Christmas, as I said I have one coming then :)

Bulldog, I appreciate the props but have not made the switch ... this is just a demo for me. Decision time will not come until April I guess. That is when DirecTV should have MPEG-4 receivers & expanded HD programming for my market, well see then. Besides I would feel stupid walking out on my NFL Sunday Ticket (D* only) and NHL Center Ice packages. Since I am not under commitment with DirecTV or Comcast for that matter, it does put me in a unique position should I decide to switch.

I guess the thread is dead, sounds like this box is old news at the least. I do have to give Comcast the thumbs up on the Ucentric DVR software, it performs VERY well and much better than I would have expected. If they manage to maintain the performance and functionality when moving to the TiVo software in 2007 this could be a heck of a deal!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)