Mounting 119* on superdish

SebastianB

Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
There are three possible locations for me to mount this LNB to the superdish.
Which one should I use for mid michigan?
Also, for a dp34 does it matter which LNB goes to input 1,2,or 3
input 1 ?
input 2 ?
input 3 ?

First off, what kind of Superdish 105 or 121, second why is your 119 needing to be mounted, and the last part input 1-119, input 2-110, input 3-105/121. If you have a 105 SD, the 119 is the one out all by itself on the left if you look from behind the dish. If you have a 121, it's the one in the middle, the one that looks funny sense it is combined with the 121 LNB.

It's a 105 sorry about that

When I got it the LNB was not mounted to the arm
Thanks for the info
Any idea on the mounting screw position?

The lnbf should have been mounted if it was brand new in the box. If you got it used then someone took the lnbf off for some reason.

Ok I have set all my angles and have connected the lines like stated above
My 119 is in the innermost hole and I am unable to receive any signal from any LNB
I have searched for the sattelite by moving the dish back and forth nice and slow and havent gotten anything.
1 is this the correct hole for the 119?
2 would a inline meter help me to find the sattelite and where is a local place that may carry one? (Radioshack?)

119 is the outermost lnbf. If you face the SuperDish you will notice that its the one on the farthest right, the lnbf that is not in the HDTV plastic encasing.

An inline meter would help you find the satellite. Radioshack may have these.

You have to make sure that the mast/pole is perfectly plumb on ALL sides. Then you set the skew and do NOT adjust the skew anymore whatsoever. Only adjust the azimuth (left to right) and elevation (up and down). Try to tune in 119 first as it is the easiest to get then adjust very very slowly to try to tune 105 in if it is not in already. If it is then fine to it to get the signal in as strong as you can then tighten down the bolts. When you are trying to find each of these satellites you should have the satellite that your aiming for on port 1 - satellite in on the left side of the DP-34 switch so that the receiver can identify it.

Try to use transponder 23 when tuning in 105 and transponders above 10 when tuning in 119. Do a check switch after you get 105 tuned in. You may have a hard time getting a strong signal in seeing that your in Michigan.

RadioShack does not have satellite meters, unless it's a franchise store, then it's up to the the owner to have or not have one. A meter does help. Try hooking only the 119 lnb up to the rec. Make sure that the mast is perfectly plumb. If it's off a hair, the angles are all off. Also is it a type 1 (metal) or type 2 (fiberglass) dish. The type one dishes are notorious for having wrong elevation and skew markings. However, once the 119 is hooked directly to the rec., run a switch test to reset the it, find 119, hook up the dp34 and other lnb's to that, run switch and everything should in. As a reminder the 105 is very weak. That far north, you may only get 30-50 max. Lock it down and go. Sometime in the future the new 105 will get there after testing all over the clark belt is done.

The 105 (metal) superdish from the factory will have 119 mounded in the center bracket hole (not to be confused with the center of the LNB array). You are talking about the bracket that has somewhat of a three-slotted grove? If so, try the middle (factory) although I have moved it before to improve some low signal situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)