Mounting dish and motor to pipe????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
Can someone tell me if I should take the short curved pipe off of the dish motor if I am going to mount it to a plumb pipe in the ground? Will the motor be positioned correctly if I mount it directly to the pipe? The pipe is 1 5/8 " and should fit the motor perfectly. As hard as I look at it, I can only think that the curved pipe should not be there for the way I want to mount it. Thanks , Joe

This sounds like a c band or ku band dish with a motor for vertical and horizontal adjustments to see satellites at various locations, you may want to ask the mods to move this thread to the c - band forum and post a picture and detail a little more as to what your outcome is that your seeking.

No, it is a 36" Fortec dish, and a HH motor from Sadoun.com I look through the various threads and found a few pictures of dish setups that show the motor mounted direct to the plumb pipe. The only problem I cam accross tha might make me change my plan is that they all suggested a 2 3/8 pipe to keep the motor weight from taking the pipe out of plumb. I think I am going to fill the pipe with concreate to make it hold its plump position. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? I don't see how my 1 5/8 pipe can bend once the concrete gets hard inside of it. Joe

Moved from the General area.

No need for the mast/Curved pipe if you are going to mount the motor directly to a pole in the ground. 1 5/8" should work if filled with concrete. I routinely use 2" pipe with no problem. I also fill my poles with concrete : )

I discovered a major problem in motor control. This would be that the old motor worked fine through the Diplexer's, but the new Stab motor did not work until I bypassed the Diplexer's. Signal was not a problem in either case, but the motor would not move until I removed the diplexers. Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)