Mounting dish on cement blocks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvdxer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
A simple question:

How do you mount a motorized dish on cement blocks?

I've seen dishes mounted on cement blocks several times. However, I don't know if they're motorized or not. The ground here is frozen already (but without snow), being in the arctic wasteland that is northern Minnesota in late November. I know there must be a way to do a on-ground mounting - after all, they have dishes in northern Alaska and Nunavut :). If anybody could help me, please do. I'd really appreciate it.

I have my 6' dish on a Flat Roof Mount with some brick blocks to hold it down, otherwise you could do the same and use a masonry bit to drill into the blocks and bolt down the dish using the correct fasteners. I would try to find a flat roof mount or try the above, a wooden pallet with brick blocks would also work!

I used a plastic pallet I got free from work with some left over patio blocks I had. It has worked nicely with my Superdish mast and Primestar dish set up for G10. Mike

Attachments

• LNB 003.jpg
    LNB 003.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 341
A friend of mine has his DPC and Direct TV dish mounted on a wooden pallet with some block on it.... He just leveled up the dishes and all was good.

My two 36" square non-pen roof mounts stayed put DURING KATRINA (minus the dish reflectors, of course, which I removed before the storm) with four 4 x 8 x 16 cinder blocks on each mount placed at the corners. Neither mount moved an inch, and the winds were 140 mph here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)