mounting dish on pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi,i just wanted to know,could i mount a 39" dish on a pole with out the base assembly and mast? I have seen some dish network dish mounted on a pole with the mast and base assembly bolted to the pole,would this be the correct way to do this,i don't want to make a mistake if it can be avoided....so let me know while i am waiting on my cement to cure...i have my pole level on all four sides and 90 degrees straight up and down,i hope that was the right way to do it...thanks to all

I hope I understand the question--- to mount the dish to the pole you do not need the base or J-pole, nbut you do need the dish mounting bracket, which includes to elevation adjustment. Does that answer the question? Your pole IS your mast in that case. It looks like you know the first steps of what to do by your question, so keep us post-ed (pun intended). And happy FTA-ing.
POP

dish on pole

hi,and thanks for the info,but i need to ask,when i try to get my azimute,what do i need to keep the dish from sliding down the pole,if i just use the mounting bracket.would i need to get creative and possibly put and o ring over the pipe to stop it from sliding down?

Most dishes have 2-3 little tabs to keep the dish from sliding down.You could drill a hole through the pipe and put a spike/bolt just below the dish mount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)