Move in location prohibits satellite dish

audscott

Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Washington, USA
Hi....first thread, please be kind.

I'm 10 months into a 2 year contract. I'm very happy with the Dish Network, but I suddenly have to move out of town and I'm finding my lease prevents me from having any dish (any service) on the house. I hadn't realized this at the time I signed the lease, but when I asked the landlord if someone would be around on my move date, he made the provision crystal clear.

Am I out of luck with the remaining contract? Is there anyway of pleading my situation with a Dish CSR?

Thanks,

Scott

Use a tripod or a pole in a bucket of cement for the dish, then it is not attached to any of the landlords property. Otherwise talk to one of the Dirt - Dish employee members here about your options

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Use Dishmover. Dish will (Should) take care of it for you. Explain they can not mount on the house. And as mentioned use a DIRT member here. (They are Dish Network Customer Service Reps right here on this site) They can be found by looking at the bottom of the main forums page where everyone online is listed. They will be in red.

Hi....first thread, please be kind.

I'm 10 months into a 2 year contract. I'm very happy with the Dish Network, but I suddenly have to move out of town and I'm finding my lease prevents me from having any dish (any service) on the house. I hadn't realized this at the time I signed the lease, but when I asked the landlord if someone would be around on my move date, he made the provision crystal clear.

Am I out of luck with the remaining contract? Is there anyway of pleading my situation with a Dish CSR?

Thanks,

Scott
Is this a city ordinance situation or a problem with the property owner? Is there any way the Dish can be installed in a "temporary" way so it can be removed without damage to the property when you move out? Maybe on a pole on the ground?

I was told once, that if I move and I wasn't unable to reconnect service for any valid reason (Dish will have to send a technician to check anyway), but if there is no way, you can end your contract without penalty.

And something similar happened to me with ATT, I was 9 months with them and I moved and they cannot connect service here, and ended my conctract without penalty.

I suspect the property owner doesn't want holes drilled in the side of the house or in the roof. He's completely within his rights to restrict this too... If he's really anti-satellite as well, he may even object to digging a hole (and filling it with cement) in his yard too ! That's stretching it, but who knows.

I'd ask him beforehand if pole-mounting will be okay to him. Also tell him that you'll have the installers re-use existing cable-entry holes in the house (if possible).

Another possible solution is to use a Dish Tailgater which just sets on the ground and can be moved. It's intended for RV's and has the downside of only one receiver (and one Satellite at a time). Nothing to install, just run the coax from it to your receiver. See it here: Tailgater - Portable Satellite TV Antenna - Take TV Outdoors With DISH!. You can also purchase these outside of Dish.com (e.g. camping and RV sites have them). It works with a 211 series receiver (which you can make into a DVR via the external drive.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)