"Move" question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dvanbuskirk

Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Gulfport, MS
All,

I have been reading around and think I can successfully "move" to an address in the 39525 zip code and get locals from the New Orleans, LA DMA.

I have been trying to verify if the New Orleans area broadcasts will reach the 39503 zip code. These stations are available 17 miles to the west of my zip but i'm not positive they will reach over to the 39503 zip code area.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All,

I have been reading around and think I can successfully "move" to an address in the 39525 zip code and get locals from the New Orleans, LA DMA.

I have been trying to verify if the New Orleans area broadcasts will reach the 39503 zip code. These stations are available 17 miles to the west of my zip but i'm not positive they will reach over to the 39503 zip code area.

Be aware that New Orleans locals are only SD on 110 right now. They do have HD locals waiting in the wings for when the Ciel-2 bird is online at 129.

Here's the beam for 110 and the beam I expect 129 to carry the HD locals.

Attachments

• E10_SB12.jpg
    E10_SB12.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 138
  • CIEL2_SB50.jpg
    CIEL2_SB50.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 162
All,

From the looks of the beams you should be ok. They cover all of S.E. Mississippi

Thanks for the replies. I made the "move" last night and all is working great. I used the New Orleans DMA instead of the Mobile, AL DMA as I figured my chances of getting the New Orleans beam was much better than the Mobile even though New Orleans only has SD right now, they are better than nothing.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks for the replies. I made the "move" last night and all is working great. I used the New Orleans DMA instead of the Mobile, AL DMA as I figured my chances of getting the New Orleans beam was much better than the Mobile even though New Orleans only has SD right now, they are better than nothing.

Thanks again everyone.
The New orleans HD locals are uplinked to the new sat, and will possibly be turned on in HD when the new sat is working(MId feb? maybe sooner).
You should now also get Coxsports. Channel 421 which shows the Hornets games, and most other louisiana sports . Hornets game tonight.

Digiblur,

I was wondering if you could find a map if the Montgomery, Alabama spotbeams? I "moved" last night night from Dothan to Montgomery, but for some reason the Mongomery stations are not coming in. I want to see if I am outside the Montgomery spotbeam. Thanks!

Digiblur,

I was wondering if you could find a map if the Montgomery, Alabama spotbeams? I "moved" last night night from Dothan to Montgomery, but for some reason the Mongomery stations are not coming in. I want to see if I am outside the Montgomery spotbeam. Thanks!

SD or HD?

Being that I'm only 95 miles from Montgomery, I should be "in the zone" to receive their locals. right? Do I need to tinker with transponders or anything in the system setup or should they work automatically?

I've tried going to SatBeams and cannot figure out how to see the spot beams for 61.5. I live in Lock Haven PA and want to see my options for HD locals as I am in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton DMA and do not have HD in my area due to them being on a particular spot beam.

They are very interesting.

It looks like the Lubbock/Amarillo Texas area is not covered by any spotbeam from Ciel-2.

It skips from Albuquerque and all of New Mexico (spot 35) to Dallas (spot41) and Oklahoma City (spot 36).

Only spot 47 comes close but we (Lubbock) are on the yellow ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)