Move Recordings from 522 to 622

ssh23

Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
NJ
Hi there,

We have a Dish 522 receiver, presently with about 95 hours of SD content on the hard drive. We just placed an order for an HD DVR, which the rep said would be the 622. I thought I read someplace that we'd end up with a 722 by now, but whatever.

Anyway - the question is can we transfer the programming from the 522? We plan on enabling the external HDD feature on the 622 anyway. Can the HDD from the 522 be put into an external enclosure and be connected to the 622 so we can watch those shows?

Thanks for your help, sorry if this was posted before, I did try to poke around.

hook up a external hard drive and call to activate it. Move all recordings to the external drive then once your new HD DVR arrives activate it then hook up the external drive and move (or restore) recordings from the external drive to your new DVR. I this is about a month ago with recordings from a 612 to a 722k worked with no problems :)

hook up a external hard drive and call to activate it. Move all recordings to the external drive then once your new HD DVR arrives activate it then hook up the external drive and move (or restore) recordings from the external drive to your new DVR. I this is about a month ago with recordings from a 612 to a 722k worked with no problems :)

OP have DVR-522 !

You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT transfer programs from a 522 to a 622/722/722k/612, etc.

You can play them to a DVD recorder and save them that way.

Alright, thanks for confirming my suspicions that there's no way to transfer. What we'll probably do is just keep the second box until we watch or record what remains on it. Then eventually downgrade to a non-DVR box as we really wanted to have a secondary box anyway.

Thanks for all of your help.

Another question though - do you think we'll get a 622 or 722? The 622's not even listed on their site anymore.

It's possible to extract recordings from the 522, but I believe discussion of that topic is not allowed here. In fact, this post might violate the forum rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)