Moved dish 322, can't get a signal.

saint_berzerker

Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I took my DISH 322 receiver (2 inputs) to my mom's where she still had a DISH up on the house because she used to have DISH.

She want to finish out my contract with Dish, because I don't want it.

I took the box over, hooked the outlet to Input 1 on the receiver and we got a signal for an hour or so...but then...squat. It just disappeared and I can't get it back.

Question is...do I have to have the 2nd input in to get the 322 to work? It's just wired for 1 input/output over there, and was hoping to just use the 1 input for her...but it's not working.

The dish is in the same spot and hasn't been messed with. They're all set at the right Elevation and Skew. I thought maybe the Azimuth was off but I swung it slowly over the whole Southern sky and didn't even get a blip on the signal meter.

I've reset the box...changed the zip to hers. On boot up...it'll go through the 1-5 step thing and sometimes will complete all of them, but still nothing. It goes to the program guide download and just freezes.

I called Dish twice but the kept hanging up on me..which I find unreal.

Over the past 10 years, I've moved dishes and boxes to multiple houses and even states and I know what I'm doing...I'm just thinking the 322 box is different????

Help :D

to get it working, you most likly need two things. first is a dish pro plus seperator, its a splitter that combines input one and input two to allow one single line. second you will need a dishpro "plus" twin lnb. you can take the lnb that was off at your home and put it on her dish if hers is not a "plus" model. after that, run your checkswitch, make sure you have your correct orbitals, and your all set.

Kev is correct. If you have a Legacy or even Dish Pro twin then you will need to run 2 wires to the 322 and get rid of the seperator. You can only use the seperator with DPP (Dish Pro Plus) equipment such as a DPP twin. It will say on the LNB DP or DPP or nothing if its legacy. Sounds like you have a older LNB to me.

Thanks guys.

I looked and found that split thing that's on the wire that came from the wall.

I didn't take it over there, so looks like I need to put that back on?

The LNB on there is a double already, with 2 wires coming from it, for 2 receivers.

I took just one of the LNB's and hooked it to the box....and that was what didn't work.

But if I need to take my LNB off and put it over there...that's no problem. I didn't even think of that. Few years ago when I moved a million times...they just had the regular double LNB....I didn't know there was a different one now.

I was wondering when they installed it, why I didn't get 2 boxes...lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)