Moved Dish, Getting 129 on 110, Sat Finder?

tkjacobs

Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Hello, first, thanks for having a forum for satellite issues!
2nd I've tried searching and have found information on my issue, but not exact answers...sorry if this has already been covered.

Setup
VIP622
Zip Code: 57702
Azimuth: 185 Angle: 38 Skew 101
I have a dbPlus (triple LNBF) the dish itself says DishHD on it.

With some recent home addition work I moved my dish 8 feet farther to the North. It worked fine in the previous location; picking up 119 and 110.

I live in a wooded area, but moving the dish farther North should have given me even more clearance over the trees that the dish was previously working.

In attempting to reinstall the dish I purchased an analog Sat Finder meter.
Using this as a test tool I discovered one bad connection and fixed it (meter wasn't lighting up when connected to receiver).

I then moved on to lining up a satellite.

I had the coax plugged into Port 1 and used the meter to find a satellite.
At that point I was getting 129 wrong satellite on my 119 and no 110.

After a lot of experimentation I was able to get what seems to be all of my channels by plugging the coax into Port #2 on the LNBF, finding a satellite with the sat meter, which resulted in my current situation:

Port 1 2 3
129 119 Conn

110 Wrong satellite - Echostar 129

I've run check switch many times and I seem to be getting all channels, but I know I should also have 110 set up.

I've tried turning my dish 9 degrees farther West but just cannot seem to find any position that brings any signals.

1. Am I moving the wrong direction?
2. I leveled the mast, but wouldn't placing the dish on it potentially unlevel it?
3. It seems like the receiver cares which port I'm plugged into, should it?
4. My sat finder seems to only be finding Echostar 129, shouldn't it be able to find 119 also? It does care which port the coax is plugged into right?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)