Moved. NYC locals as ABCE, NBCE, CBSE, ANd FOXE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I "moved" tonight to NYC and noticed that ABC, CBS, etc dont work under the regular channel numbers.. .the satellite seares for signals (spotbeam?).

However, NBCE, CBSE, etc in the 80s DO work.

Is this normal?

I am not 100% sure on the question, BUT

Channels 2 - 69 are spotbeam locals

The others (if I remember) are for DNS and / or the older receivers that never had access to the channel range below 99; but if you list your service address in that DMA they are open?

If you are not actually in that DMA spotbeam the 2 - 69 will not work.

Is this correct; what you are asking? I do know that NYC and LA channels are being changed as of late, but can't really remember when, how or why.

I am not 100% sure on the question, BUT

Channels 2 - 69 are spotbeam locals

They other (if I remember) are for DNS, but if you list your service address in that DMA they are open?

If you are not actually in that DMA spotbeam the 2 - 69 will not work.

Is this correct; what you are asking? I do know that NYC and LA channels are being changed as of late, but can't really remember when, how or why.

I'm just asking because it seems odd. I dont mind go to the 80s to get these channels, just wasnt expecting it. I was told NYC locals are conus, I guess they are conus in the 80s.

check the upper 300's i get la hd dns starting on 391, check in that range for ny channels
i thought 80's are mpeg2 and 390's are mpeg4

The 2-11 range for the NYC locals is Spotbeamed at the moment in MPEG-4. Once MPEG-4 channels go CONUS they should appear in the upper 300 range, that should happen once D11 is turned on. For now you have to suffer with the MPEG-2 HD channels in the 80s & no Channel 9 & 11 in HD.

If he moved to NYC then he should be able to get the locals on their regular channel slot, Just call D and tell them to send a signal to your box to fix this.

Its no biggie. Channel just a diff range, although not mpeg4... which i'm happy to hear because I was thinking the PQ wasnt that good.

If he moved to NYC then he should be able to get the locals on their regular channel slot, Just call D and tell them to send a signal to your box to fix this.
Can't although I "moved" to NYC I spend most of my time in Buffalo, NY.. In fact I spend all of my time there. Get it?

HD locals

I live in the LA area, and I am far enough out of town that ABC and FOX gave me permission to get the NY channels. I was told when the HD channels were in the 90's they were spotbeamed and I could not get them in CA. Now that they are MPEG4, is it still spotbeamed, or should I be able to pick them up?

Thanks!

How far is Buffalo out fo the NYC spot beam?

If you "moved" and get a large enough dish (3 or 4 feet do it?), you should be able to still get ALL the NYC channels... Buffalo to NY isn't that big a move unless the spot is VERY, tight (which is very well could be).

--Nat

I am in NY and I get 2,4,5,7,9 11 all in HD on those channlels.
These are the spotbeam locals channels for NY City. These are on the 99 satellite.But you should still get 80,82,86,88,380,382,386,388. Because these channels are still part of NY local channels, they are for the customers that don't Have HD or only have Mpeg 2 HD equipment. Those channels also serve as DNS channel for people who do not have locals! So unless Buffalo is under NY Citys Spotbeam, you won't be able to receive 2,4,5,7,9 and 11. because your satellite dish might not be under the spotbeam.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts