Moved post....How do I minimize rain fade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Welcome to SatelliteGuys,

Let me first say go back and your message to remove your email address or the spambots will find you...;)

Best way to avoid rain fade it to peak the dish for the absolute best signal...on 110 and 119 I recommend over 100.

Two make sure all your fittings and connections are sealed, if your using legacy equipment move your switches to a dry area, in general it's a good idea to put the switches in a weather tight box or otherwise shield from moisture.

Seal all open ports.

And if all else fails get a bigger dish. Alot of users complain about SuperDishes and dishes above 20" in general, but the larger dish does provide better immunity to fade and better recovery time.

Check to make sure the dish has a clear shot. Focal point is actually about 20 degrees above were the LNBF actually points. If it's aiming thru trees it may have a clear shot when it's dry, but leaves and branches may get weighted down and obstruct Line of Sight in rain or snow.

But being realistic rain fade does happen, it's minimizing it that's the trick.

Jason

Jason forgot to mention that the strengths on 110 & 119 should be measured using transponders 11 AND 12. Lower numbered ones can be spotbeams which will throw your conclusions way off. Please check and report all FOUR numbers.

GaryPen said:
it really depends on location. We get plenty of rain during the Fall and Winter here. Yet, I don't recall ever seeing an instance of rain fade.
Iused to get rainfade with my Dish 500 all the time, very light rain, really haen't had any loss of signal due to rain with my SuperDish, my old D 500, which I now have setup with a DP single strictly for 61.5 still fades often.

Jason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)