Moved receiver to new room, now getting error 771A

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryansebiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Today I moved my HR24 from my living room to my office. Unfortunately I'm getting the 771A error.

My dish goes into a two-way splitter outside my house. One coax goes into the Living Room (where the HR24 used to be) and the goes into my office (in the event I wanted to move the receiver).

I've spent a couple hours troubleshooting this online. Here's what I've tried:

1. Power cycled (unplugged) the power inserter and HR24 for 10 minutes
  2. Connected the power inserter's SWM coax to the wall coax
  3. Connected the power inserter's IRD coax to the HR24
  4. Tightened the coax cables with a wrench
  5. Plugged the power inserter into the wall power outlet directly
  6. Plugged the HR24 into the power strip
Despite these efforts the 771A error persists. Is there anything else I can try? If not, is there anyway to get a DirecTV tech out here without paying the $50 charge?

2 if you moved the power to a new room with a new line you need to remove the old line off the splitter that is marked power passing and hook up the new line to that port and your up and running. If your not sure what line is the new one with the power on it tough it to your toung and when you get a tingle you found it

2 if you moved the power to a new room with a new line you need to remove the old line off the splitter that is marked power passing and hook up the new line to that port and your up and running. If your not sure what line is the new one with the power on it tough it to your toung and when you get a tingle you found it
I went outside to swap the cables at the two-way splitter but can't get them to budge. What tool do you recommend to loosen those up?

I felt the living room and office coax cables but didn't feel a tingle from either one. However, I know that they're both connected to the two-way splitter outside.

So once I swap the cables at the two-way splitter I should be good?

I went outside to swap the cables at the two-way splitter but can't get them to budge. What tool do you recommend to loosen those up?

I felt the living room and office coax cables but didn't feel a tingle from either one. However, I know that they're both connected to the two-way splitter outside.

So once I swap the cables at the two-way splitter I should be good?

7/16 open ended wrench

Joe

the lines connected to gear that have stayed in the original place will have no voltage. if you moved the box and power box to a new location that you will need to connect to port 1 it will have a red line saying power and when you remove the existing cable it will have a red center on the splitter.

Swapping the cables at the two-way splitter outside fixed the problem. Thanks Joe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)