Moved to rual area and need help picking OTA antenna

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hello all haven't been around much in awhile because of my move and planting fruit trees on my new 10 acre homestead, got tired cant do anything without some one knowing about it LOL so good by city life.. Well ever since I moved out here I am trying to get away from high expenses like a monthly Direct tv bill so I need help with picking a antenna combination and what kinda height I need to reach them stations and so forth. This stuff makes my head spin so your help would be greatly appreciated. I went to tv fool and did the report at 40' high being my house is in the woods, so here it is . Thanks again http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=0559f35080cdf2

That Fox station is VHF high (barely, almost VHF Low).

1. Will need a rotor as you have weak signals coming in from all directions.
2. Deep fringe antennas. Probably need GOOD UHF and VHF separates.
3. Probably need a combiner/amplifier
4. 40' tower a must.

This ain't going to be cheap. You need to analyze cost against a minimal package with locals on DTV. I suspect this is a corner case where a lot of money gets semi-reliable reception, and it would take years to overtake a $40/mo DTV package.

Jayn yeah thats what I was thinking by the time I paid for a new tower and antennas it would take me forever recoupe the cash.. I was quoted for a new tower and for it to be installed $1300 not counting antennas or anything else, I also have been watching craigslist for towers as well.. I also though about some how installing a antenna in the tallest tree on my property and I would just hire a tree trimmer to install it.. I wonder if anyone has done that on this forum ? I also am about to make the call wild blue for my internet because its real bad out here and I have looked into everything and I am real limited ughh, good thing I love living in the country.. Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)