Movies On Voom Tonight

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Robert Altman's (M*A*S*H) BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS with Paul Newman as Buffalo Bill shows what happened after the West was won. Show Biz took over and he even hired Sitting Bull to work with him. Very funny and whether it's true or not.....who cares, it's fun!

FAREWELL MY LOVELY, Raymon Chandler's classic suspense novel with Robert Mitchum as Philip Marlowe.

OUR MAN IN HAVANA the Graham Greene political satire starring Alec Guiness as a hapless vacuum cleaner salesman recruited as a spy by Noel Coward and payed to deliver secrets. Only thing is he can't find any...... so he makes things up and even draws plans of the secret weapon which oddly enough resembles a giant vacuum cleaner!

Don't worry, if you miss any of these movies tonight, they will be showing for another month or so. Welcome to the wonderful world of Voom. :haha

DobyMax said:
Don't worry, if you miss any of these movies tonight, they will be showing for another month or so. Welcome to the wonderful world of Voom. :haha

Why do you talk without knowing? Please enlighten me. What is your problem?

Sean,

He's right. He may not say it to your liking but he's right. For the last few nights I can't find anything to watch that I haven't seen 10 times already. I don't even flip to Equator anymore. Geez how often can a person watch the same 3 shows? All the programing on the Voom originals is repeated over and over again. And even lately with the premium movie channels. It's the same thing on every night. I have actually started watching more of the SD channels just so I can see something new. I also can't remember the last time I saw something new on Discovery HD and that's my favorite channel next to Monsters HD. But even Monsters is showing the same movies over and over that I've seen over and over.
This is not completely Voom's fault. They only have control over their own channels. But I'm starting to wonder really hard again why I'm paying $100/month to watch the same thing over and over? At this point I don't even care when the DVR is released. All I'll get to record is the same repeated stuff.

Bob

ram1220 said:
Sean,

He's right. He may not say it to your liking but he's right. For the last few nights I can't find anything to watch that I haven't seen 10 times already. I don't even flip to Equator anymore. Geez how often can a person watch the same 3 shows? All the programing on the Voom originals is repeated over and over again. And even lately with the premium movie channels. It's the same thing on every night. I have actually started watching more of the SD channels just so I can see something new. I also can't remember the last time I saw something new on Discovery HD and that's my favorite channel next to Monsters HD. But even Monsters is showing the same movies over and over that I've seen over and over.
This is not completely Voom's fault. They only have control over their own channels. But I'm starting to wonder really hard again why I'm paying $100/month to watch the same thing over and over? At this point I don't even care when the DVR is released. All I'll get to record is the same repeated stuff.

Bob

and Where can you find 24/7 non-repeat HD programming? Find me one channel that does that and you will find gold! My point was exactly that. If you take a look at the 21 exclusive channels as a whole no question that there are repeats but there are also premieres. HD Cinema 10 has two movies per day, Gallery HD has one or two programs per day, you get your soccer game on Sundays and so on... The same happens with Discovery HD Theater, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, etc. All the HD channels suffer from lack of HD programming. That's not new. :) Look at HDnet who had been the longest out there of all the HD channels and they also have premieres but they have their repeats as well.

Ram, my point to DobyMax was that if he was going to criticize the repeats on VOOM HD programming, he has the knowledge of others for his criticism. He does not have VOOM and cannot make an opinion to the whole VAVAVOOM Package. The VAVAVOOM package (I do not know if you have it or not) will give you the chance to find the most HD programming daily. Yes, there are HD repeats in every network. DobyMax does not have VOOM and had posted 35 posts, 30 of them in the VOOM forum. All criticizing VOOM. You ram has the right to criticize the product because you have first experience with it, but those that do not have it, why they feel compel to think that their criticism is valid.

You're right Sean, you can't find no repeat HD anywhere. But my point is that I'm really starting to look hard at why I'm spending $100 when for me there is nothing new. I don't like the movies on Cinema 10. I have tried to watch them and they put me to sleep. I do have the VaVAVoom package but everything is repeated over and over.
I'm really starting to wonder if I wouldn't be happier just getting an OTA HD box and upping my DVD subscription at Netflix. I could dump Voom and save $100 per month. I already subscribe to Netflix so if I up it by $20 that would still save me $80 that I pay Voom. Last night after being on this forum I sat down wanting to watch a good movie on Monsters HD. But they were showing the same old movie I've seen on that channel 10 times. I'm just looking really hard for a reason to keep Voom. And like I said before, I don't care about the upcoming PVR if it ever comes out. I don't want to record stuff I've already seen over and over.

Bob

ram1220 I get your point. I also have VAVAVOOM + PlayboyHD but I only sit down for a couple of hours monday through thursdays to watch TV. Most of my viewing is done on Weekends. I try to catch whatever is new and pass on the repeats unless it is something I only watched partially. That happens a lot because I get a lot of interruptions. I used to have Netflix as well but I stopped because it was too much to have to watch the DVDs plus whatever was new on VOOM.

For those of you who missed it "Auntie Mame" is back tonight. Great broadway show and movie with Rosalind Russell. (san music)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)