Movies Voom introduced you to.

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
What movies did you see for the first time on the voom exclusive channels that you had never seen before, but are glad you saw them thanks to voom? They don't have to be great or classic movies, but just movies you liked that you would have probably never seen had voom not showed them.

For me, there were a lot, but a couple that come to mind are Asphalt Jungle, French Twist, Vampire Lovers and a bunch more that I can't remember the names right now. Overall I have to say that I saw a lot of very good movies on voom that I would have never seen otherwise.

OCTAMAN!!

Academy Award stuff!!

octaman.jpg

Seriously, I am a huge fan of the old cheesy fifties, sixties, seventies "scary" movies and enjoyed seeing many of them on Monster HD. That will be the channel I miss the most. You won't ever find that kind of stuff anywhere else again so I hope someday, somewhere, Monster HD will rise from the depths and resume terrorizing the civilized world.

"The Hills Have Eyes" was the biggest gem. I had always wanted to see it, but could never find it on DVD in a video store (it may not be out on DVD). As mentioned above, "French Twist" and "Vampire Lovers" were good. Also "Asylum", "Lifeforce", "Bubba Ho-Tep", "Swordsman", and "Chinese Ghost Story" were movies that I enjoyed which I have never heard of, so I would not have looked for them in a video store. I also enjoyed seeing old classics again such as "Easy Rider", "Mad Max", "Evil Dead", "Night / Dawn of the Dead" and "Chainsaw Masacres".

Bubba Ho-Tep!

A great film with more depth than you could ever expect from a B movie. I liked it so much that I copied it to DVD off of Monsters and even bought the movie later for all of the extras.

If any of the Voom 21 channels are to live on, it will be Monsters!

Late Night Shopping
Innocent Blood
the Subspecies movies
Dream Lover
Lord Of The Flies
The Monster Squad
The Omen Legacy

Movies I'd never seen before:

Night Moves
Pauline at the beach
Prospero's books
The Manchurian Candidate
(All sorts of foreign movies)

Movies I'd seen before, but never in such high quality:

Buckaroo Banzai
Get Out Your Handkerchiefs

My favorite was "Urgh! A Music War" but I watched a bunch of movies. Aemelie was terrific and French Twist was pretty quirky.

Voom introduced me to more great movies than I can list!

But, first and foremost, what Voom did for me, and what I will miss the most, is the GalleryHD channel (Tim Marlow's shows, etc.) and how it acquainted me with all the world's greatest artists and their works, and all the great art galleries. What a fantastic channel GalleryHD has been, fabulous HD and all commercial-free. NOTHING on any HD-lite service even comes close. That is why I won't bother subscribing to any other service after Voom dies.

I am really going to miss my Voom !!! :river

I couldn't begin to list all the movies Voom introduced me to. Well actually, I guess I could begin -- check out the review thread over in the Programming Thread. Voom pretty much turned me into an HD movie junky -- I'll be checking myself into rehab on the first of May. :no

subdude212 said:
My favorite was "Urgh! A Music War" .....

I really wanted to catch a showing of that (both my VHS tapes are worn down to almost unplayability), but when I signed up it looked like thay had stopped running it.

I became addicted to Kung Fu

Much to my wife's chagrin, I became addicted to Kung Fu HD. I don't know why. I can't explain it. I guess part of it was the action. Part was the unintentional comedy factor. Anyone who saw "China Strike Force" starring Coolio as the villain knows that there is nothing quite as funny as seeing a down-on-his-luck rapper having to go to Hong Kong to get a gig. My favorite though were the two "Tiger Cage" films. These were so violent, they made "Kill Bill" look tame.

The Ginger Snaps movies were awesome. I had never heard of them before and they both turned out great on Monsters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts