Moving 722 receiver from one room into another

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dcpebs

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
We are new at this so please tolerate our lack of experience or tech wisdom. Can I move my receiver from the bedroom to the living room. We just got our 50 inch hdtv. Our original plan was to buy a 38 or 40 inch but decided on the 50 inch. We had the Dish system with HD preinstalled with the receiver in the bedroom. The receiver is set up for two tv's one of which is the HD. Now, because of the size we want it in the living room. I talked to 3 Dish techs with three different answers. One advised to call installer. Another advised to buy another cable for use in new location. The third stated we could move the HDTV anywhere in the house because of a switch that was installed with the original instalation. Accordingly, we are confused.
Any suggestions or guidance?

Is there currently a Dish receiver in the living room?

If so, you can probably just disconnect the SINGLE cable from the seperator on the back of the 722 and connect it to the cable from the receiver in the living room.

If not, then you must run a new cable from the switch/Dish (depending on type of dish) to the living room.

EDIT: Re-reading your post, it sounds like you have the 722 in the bedroom with an RF cable going to the TV in the living room. If this is true, you need to reroute the cable from the switch or dish to the living room and use the same RF cable to send TV2 output to the bedroom TV. This may mean running a new cable to th eliving room.

Success

Thank you to all of you guys.
We are enjoying our new HDTV.
Beautiful!
smile.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)