Moving a DLP TV

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
I am getting a Toshiba 56" DLP TV (56MX195). The box it comes in is too high to fit upright in my Expedition. Does anyone know if laying the box on its back to transport it could cause a problem? Otherwise I'll have to find a pickup or take it out of the box. Thanks.

Thanks. But do you know if laying the box flat would cause problems? I know you can't do that with the old projection sets but I thought you might be able to do it with a DLP.

I would take it out of the box when you get it.If the box is like most it will just lift off,and the TV is sitting in a cardboard tray.You could then fold down the top of the box if want it for future use

Buying from an individual - got a sweet deal.
I thought the mirrors on the DLPs were tiny and therefore were not as likely to get screwed up when moving as the old style projection sets with large mirrors.

The DMD is a small chip, it's not like moving a CRT and dealing with convergence, focus, etc. How far are you moving it? We hired two men and a truck. Gave them a 1.75 of Tequila. You'd of thought they were moving yjr Mona Lisa.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)