"Moving" adventure - still in progress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ddevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Phoenix
So yesterday I decided to "move" and picked an area (noted in another "moving" post) that was eligible for DNS service.

My first call to DirecTV was supposedly successful in changing my service/installation address. I used the vacation home, everything setup method. Everything went smoothly, until I noticed online that my addresses had not been updated.

Calls 2-4 were then met with the same response: "it is not changed, let me change it for you --- ok, you are all set."

Finally, a change on the website in my billing address, but not service/installation address. Back to calling DirecTV.

This time they said, yes, our records show it has been changed and everything is reflecting the "new" address.

So I wait awhile (still no change on the website) and call in to order the DNS service. They say, "yes you are eligible, let me get this processed. OK, for the HD & SD DNS, you need waivers." I ask why, if they say I am eligible for DNS, do I need a waiver - my "moved to area" has no local stations available OTA or via satellite -- who will provide the waiver? They say "your local stations provide the waivers and this process can take up to 30 days."

My understanding was that if your address was eligible for DNS, all they needed to do was "turn on the signal" to your receivers, no waivers required. Is this not the case anymore?

I had them submit the waiver request and will probably call in again to try and add the DNS, but does anyone have any thoughts/advice on getting this accomplished?

They control the horizontal.......They control the vertical. . .Fcc may not be fully stocked with wonks yet.

Call back.

Joe

You haven't "moved" if they require waivers AND the website still says the old addy. I had to call 3 times and have it escalated to a tier2 tech to get my addy changed (we don't know why it won't take the addy change!)

After 2 days it finally showed up on the website with the new service addy with my billing addy the same old one. Sadly, I assume you need to kepp calling.

Latest update:

Still no change in the Service address online, but they keep telling me it is changed in their system.

Spoke to someone in the "HD DNS Center" and he said I had been approved for the 4 networks and he turned them on. Problem was, only the West Coast HD came on. I should be getting the East Coast HD. He elevated the problem to another dept. and they are going to check on it.

At least I'm making some progress!

Spoke to someone in the "HD DNS Center" and he said I had been approved for the 4 networks and he turned them on. Problem was, only the West Coast HD came on. I should be getting the East Coast HD.

But it also depends on WHERE you moved to - the DNS laws were changed (& so did D* accordingly) so that if you are in the East or Central time zone, you can ONLY get East HD feeds & if you are in the Mountain or West time zone, you can ONLY get West HD feeds.
So, if your new "moved" address is still in the Mountain or West time zone, you still WON'T get the NY HD DNS.

I "moved" to the Eastern time zone so I definitely should be receiving the NY HD feeds (even the DirecTV rep was puzzled as to why the LA feeds were coming in, but not the NY feeds). My "old" address is in the western US so maybe that is part of DirecTV's confusion with this.

He said he "escalated" the issue so for now I am content to wait and see what happens & if no change early next week, I will check back with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts