Moving Advice

egkoul

Original poster
May 7, 2006
Saint Louis, MO, USA
I am moving to a new home that unfortunately does not have an existing Dish antenna installed. I currently have a two dish set-up (two antennas) connected to a 942 receiver. I subscribe to the HD and the Greek language packs, but receive my locals via an OTA antenna. What dish would you recommend to keep my current setup? From what I have ascertained from other posts, it sounds as if my best bet would be the Dish 1000. In addition, it is my impression that the 942 receiver will soon be obsolete. Do you recommend I upgrade my receiver at this time as well? I have had no troubles with it, and I would prefer to keep it if possible. As I am quite new to this, I thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Call Dish for their free Dish Mover program. They will put up the dishes for free, and will choose which ones are appropriate.

You did not post your location, so I have no idea if a Dish1000 would work for you. It won't, if you are in the NE above DC, or south FL or south TX. It may not work well in other areas. Frankly, if you can get a LOS to 61.5, I suggest you ask Dish to put up 2 dishes- a Dish500 to 110/119 and another to 61.5.

If you want the extra HD channels that you could get with the full Voom pack, or you want Food HD or HGTV HD, then take them up on their upgrade program to a ViP622. Otherwise, save your money and wait for a better upgrade program later. Spring of 2007 will likely see a push by Dish to replace all non MPEG-4 HD STBs.

I am in Saint Louis, MO. I was told the Dish 1000 has better reception and there are less outages due to rain than the two dish system, not to mention the convenience of a single piece of equipment on your roof. However, that may not be an option if it does not work in my location - how would I confirm this? As for the extra HD channels, I think I will stick with my current receiver. Thank you for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts