"Moving" after Moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robjlevin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
New Jersey
I'll be moving to S. Jersey (Philly DMA) in a few weeks. Hate the idea of no RSN and no NYC locals. How soon can I "move" back without setting off any alarms?

I wish I could get NYC locals. That would be awesome! I'd like to get the subchannels from there too. But none of that is ever going to happen unless I literally move to that area.

South Jersey is well within the NYC spot beam. Hopefully it stays that way, but my biggest concern is the sports situation. I just didn't know if they keep complete track of these moves. With 10s of million of subscribers, I would think not beyond the special deals they hand out.

Guys, you can get NY locals, except it would only be the Big 4 I guess, as they are on Conus. The sub channels would likely be on Spots.

The NYC spot beams reach from Bangor Maine to the tip of the Delmarva peninsula.

Thanks all. Just confirming my thoughts on this. Moving into the Philly DMA is not exactly enticing for a sports fan. Guess I'll have to "move" back to the NYC DMA. :)

I just got off a Jetblue Flight and they had Local NYC channels. Now i got off at Tampa airport. How are they getting channels from NYC Spot beam in Florida? Could it be off there own satellite repeater of some kind? I remember back i'd say 20 year ago i got NY and CA local channels. Are these the only states that you can get local channels out of the spot beam range?

The big four NYC and LA channels are on CONUS beams so that they can be used for those without locals, few that they are.

I just got off a Jetblue Flight and they had Local NYC channels. Now i got off at Tampa airport. How are they getting channels from NYC Spot beam in Florida? Could it be off there own satellite repeater of some kind? I remember back i'd say 20 year ago i got NY and CA local channels. Are these the only states that you can get local channels out of the spot beam range?

The big four NYC and LA channels are on CONUS beams so that they can be used for those without locals, few that they are.

Maybe you've seen this, but in case you haven't, the CBS used in the Sportsmix for the NCAA Tournament is WCBS New York. When I select it, it tries to tune to channel 390 or whatever and can't, but you can watch the commercials on the Sportsmix channel. They left it on the NYC news for a little while the other day before changing it to ESPN.

Chip, you probably get CBS 2 on Directv. If so, does selecting CBS on the Sportsmix take you to channel 2?

That's interesting! I do normally get channel 2 from NYC as part of significantly viewed channels, but if I select CBS from the sportsmix channel it says channel not purchased. But if I go directly to channel 2, it comes in, although in sd as always for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts