moving and the phone connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Squiglee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
If one were to "move" should the phone be plugged in to the DVR at the "new" location?

YES

(As long as the number the receiver calls from matches the number on your account info.)

It's not going to matter. As lots of users have their DVR's plugged into VoIP lines that a returning their area code across the US, or even returning the VoIP provider's switch number all the way across the US.

If they ever ask tell them it's a VoIP line and you'll be fine..

This would seem to indicate that if you " move ", then:

- You need to change the phone number on your account, if it is a normal land line associated with your old location.
- You cannot keep your receivers plugged into the phone line.
- If you use a 522 or 625, you will have to pay the additional $5 fee.
- You cannot use your remote control to purchase PPVs.

This would seem to indicate that if you " move ", then:

- You need to change the phone number on your account, if it is a normal land line associated with your old location.
No, you can keep your actual number.
- You cannot keep your receivers plugged into the phone line.
As long as the receiver is calling from the number associated with your account you will NOT get audited.
- If you use a 522 or 625, you will have to pay the additional $5 fee.
- You cannot use your remote control to purchase PPVs.
No fee & you can order PPV because you can and should keep the phone line connected to the receiver(s).

I've got the 522 receiver and switched from landline (sbc sux) to SunRocket VoIP (it's okay) about 6 months ago. Well, the receiver is connected to my VoIP line, but I get messages on screen every now and then that my receiver needs to be connected to a phone line in order avoid a fee. The programming guides and updates seem to be coming through just fine, at least as far as I can tell. So when I was talking to customer service & tech support this week I mentioned about the on screen messages & the guy told me that I should be getting that added $5 a month fee for not having a land line, but he said it won't bill me until it realizes that it can't connect properly & since it's been working for the last 6 months & I haven't been fined yet, then I should be okay. I hope this wasn't a mistake to tell them about my Voip?!?!?

I had my 811 tied into a VoIP line that was reporting a 212 area code but yet I was all the way across the US in another area code. Zero issues....no messages...and PPV's reported just fine. They didn't have this number on my account either.

Don't worry about it... as long as you have them on the same phone line then you are good to go. Two receivers on two different lines is what they are looking for.

No, you can keep your actual number.

As long as the receiver is calling from the number associated with your account you will NOT get audited.

No fee & you can order PPV because you can and should keep the phone line connected to the receiver(s).

Aren't people going to get the following conversation:

Customer: " I am moving to ____ address. " (several hundred miles away from previous location, and in a different telephone area code)

Dish CS Rep: " So, what is your new phone number ? "

Customer: " No new number, it stays the same. "

So, you are saying that this is never going to produce any sort of "red flag" (so to speak) ??

Customer: " I am moving to ____ address. " (several hundred miles away from previous location, and in a different telephone area code)

So, you are saying that this is never going to produce any sort of "red flag" (so to speak) ??

"Sir, we are calling to see why your phone number didn't change when you moved?"

"Helloo.....McFly?? McFly?? I unplugged my VoIP box and brought it with me. People have been doing this for years."

never did the 3 times I "moved"....same number on the account. Dish never asked me about the phone number, just the address. Heck the guy I spoke to the last time asked me "do you want to change the billing address or leave it as is?"

my "address" is 185 miles from my legit address in a different area code

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)