"Moving" and using broadband connection

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I haven't found an answer to this on the Dish Network forum, but did come up with results from D*... Question I have is this: I have "moved" to another city, and had my ethernet connected prior to moving (therefore, Dish having the IP address from my REAL address), and now have it disconnected. I "moved" about a month ago and my IP hasn't changed yet. Should I wait until I grab a new IP prior to plugging the ethernet, or does it really not matter? I know IP Addresses change often, but my cable co. doesn't release IP's very often.. I've had the same IP for 9 months at one time.

No reason to wait to hook up the IP. It would be possible to trace if they "really wanted too". So far no one has reported any problems w/ it from E*. I haven't had a bit of a problem.

I have the same IP address as well and have been a mover for years. I don't really think DISH cares about "movers " as long as you pay for your locals -now included with every top pack. Now if the audit team decides to make this an issue , I am sure you will hear about it here, soon enough.

It might even be better to be on the internet. If you have a bunch of receivers that are not calling in and the computer flags you for audit, I hope you have a good looking service address when they look at it with google earth. If you have not moved very far they really cannot tell. All the ip lookups for my town give a location 400 miles away since that is where the cable company connects to.

It might even be better to be on the internet. If you have a bunch of receivers that are not calling in and the computer flags you for audit, I hope you have a good looking service address when they look at it with google earth. If you have not moved very far they really cannot tell. All the ip lookups for my town give a location 400 miles away since that is where the cable company connects to.

The cable co for my ISP is around 300 m away.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions everyone! I have plugged back in the ethernet cable and enjoying what little vod content we get, and the other benefits ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)