moving antenna what satellites to tun to plus caller id

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
long story short. I am moving my antenna (slimline) to a bigger and more stable pole. I keep loosing my signals in the freeze thaw and in big wind storms. over time I keep dropping out certain satellites to. So besides SWM/119/110 what are the other ones I need and how strong a signal should I expect from them? I live in the northeast outside of Buffalo. Also has any one ever seen a software patch for the hr24/700 or hr24/500 that fixes the caller ID? I can go for maybe 5 or 6 days and then the ID quits working and need to do a restart or reboot to fix the ID. It is kind of a drag to have this happen. I have had the units for a year and a half and they have been doing it since almost the very beginning. The phone line works fine I have a phone on that same line that has caller Id in the head set and that never quits.
As always thanks in advance!

The caller ID has been hit or miss from the beginning. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a fix anytime soon.
For the install, make sure the mast is plumb, this is very important! Go to Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and put in
your address. Get the azimuth for the 101 satellite. The dish should be already set pretty close to where it
should be. Using the azimuth you got, point the dish in that direction. You should be getting some signal
strength numbers. You should be able to make small adjustments to the dish to improve those numbers.

I did try the double filter same issue lasts a few days and then quits again.

Anyone on exactly what of the sattelites I need to aim
right now I have various siganl strengths on 99c 103c 101 110 119 SWM but there are 2 or 3 other ones on the signal meters that show nothing. do I need signals on the others? I have a picture that is good but when the wind blows I get pixilation on some channels because the current pole wobbles :(

Well you have to have a stable, plumb mast, otherwise you will lose signal a lot. Can you post the signal levels on all of the satellites?

right now I have 101 95% 110 83% 119 95% 99(c) 92% 99(s) not aquired 103(s) not aquired 103(ca) 73% 103(cb) 85% swm 100%
It's very overcast right now.

If you can't acquire a signal on 103ca, I think you have a cabling issue. I'm going on my memory of a previous poster who is an install tech.

those siganls are what I have right now before I move it to the new post. I'm mounting it on a 8X8 that it sunk in the gound almost 3' and is in over 300# of cement The post is solid! It's plumb I am not sure why I don't have siganls on thse 2 sattelites Not sure if there was ever a signal on those??? before I satrt trying to chase down a signal that I don't need...

It may be a simple matter of adjusting the dish. It would be helpful to post all of the signal levels on all of the satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts