Moving back to Cable

Mahaffey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Tennessee
Switching back to Cable

Ok, I have had Dish for about 4 months. EVERY month I have to call them and get the bill straightened out. Every month they try to charge me for a balance that is supposedly carried over that is not. My bill is paid in full every month. I go by both what the paper bill I get says and what the rep (yes I do get his/her name)tells me the amount owed is. By the time we end the call, the rep is giving me the boot off the phone..like saying really fast and irritated "Thank you for calling dish network, goodbye" and hanging up before I can say another word. Well, sorry for calling your company on it's mistakes..geez.

Anyway, I called Comcast to see what they could offer me, since I have a deal already with my internet at $25.00/month, I didn't know if they could do anything else for me. But yes, they can. They offered me all digital channels, plus HBO and Starz for $39.99/month for a year. So my total internet and cable bill would be $64.99/month for a year. I believe that's a good deal. And they don't want the box like they used to in that "Ditch the Dish" promo. I was worried about that because Dish now wants their box and LNB back when you cancel them.
wink.gif

So, I believe I will be making the right decision. I do not have any contract with Dish because they could only guarentee me a 3 month window and from what I heard they should be able to at least give a 6 month window. So no 18 month contract. We are a month ahead on the bill, so if I cancel now, I won't owe anything, right? Or have I got that wrong?

Ok, what do you all think? Am I making the right choices? Opinions, please
bigsmile.gif

Thanks

Ok, I have had Dish for about 4 months. EVERY month I have to call them and get the bill straightened out. Every month they try to charge me for a balance that is supposedly carried over that is not. My bill is paid in full every month. I go by both what the paper bill I get says and what the rep (yes I do get his/her name)tells me the amount owed is. By the time we end the call, the rep is giving me the boot off the phone..like saying really fast and irritated "Thank you for calling dish network, goodbye" and hanging up before I can say another word. Well, sorry for calling your company on it's mistakes..geez.

Anyway, I called Comcast to see what they could offer me, since I have a deal already with my internet at $25.00/month, I didn't know if they could do anything else for me. But yes, they can. They offered me all digital channels, plus HBO and Starz for $39.99/month for a year. So my total internet and cable bill would be $64.99/month for a year. I believe that's a good deal. And they don't want the box like they used to in that "Ditch the Dish" promo. I was worried about that because Dish now wants their box and LNB back when you cancel them.
wink.gif

So, I believe I will be making the right decision. I do not have any contract with Dish because they could only guarentee me a 3 month window and from what I heard they should be able to at least give a 6 month window. So no 18 month contract. We are a month ahead on the bill, so if I cancel now, I won't owe anything, right? Or have I got that wrong?

bigsmile.gif

Thanks

Sounds good to me....how did you get the internet at $25/month? That's a steal...

The big DISH appeal for me is the DVR and HD (which doesn't seem ur interested in so sounds like ur getting a good deal).

wink.gif

bigsmile.gif

Thanks

What is the price after the year is up?

Sounds good to me....how did you get the internet at $25/month? That's a steal...

The big DISH appeal for me is the DVR and HD (which doesn't seem ur interested in so sounds like ur getting a good deal).
When I called originally to cancel Cable, I said it was because I was trying to cut down some bills. She said she could help me with that and gave me the internet at $25.00/mo and said if I keep basic cable it would only be 7 more and I wouldn't have that pesky "no cable tv" fee.

OFFTOPIC:

Think thats a steal? Verizon has f'd up on their billing for our FIOS service. We haven't been charged for more than a year. Every 3 months they shut off our service, we call them, they find the mistake, say they cleared everything up, and no bill ever comes.

What is the price after the year is up?
When the year is up we are cancelling HBO and Starz so we will just have what they call "Enhanced" digital cable so it would be $49.99/mo. Which, with Dish right now, we are paying $56.00/mo because they keep messing up our bill. Eventually I do get it straightened out, but I don't feel I should have to. At least not every month. My bill should be, with the $10.00 buy back $40.97/mo. which is what I was promised when I signed up.

It's funny, but when hubby called last night to cancel, the lady said "Oh, we'll honor that price now."...

If you purchased from a retailer, the retailer will get charged all the penalties. If they could not assure you 18 months of service, then why did you or they even go through with the install??????

If you purchased from a retailer, the retailer will get charged all the penalties. If they could not assure you 18 months of service, then why did you or they even go through with the install??????
Good question. He said they were supposed to at least have a 6 month window. But that he couldn't even guarentee 3. He knew what he was looking at, he could have refused just as easily as I could have said no. I was looking to lower my bills at the time. I did that. I am sorry if he is going to have to eat the cost of this, but as I said, he knew at the time that I would only have it for 3 maybe 4 months. I told him that's why I wouldn't sign a 18 month contract.

And, I purchased directly from Dish. I don't know if they sent a retailer out or not. But I called Dish to order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts