Moving back to Directv, got some great deals bundling with ATT internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have America's Top 120 with Dish. We really don't use too many of the features besides the DVR. Streaming is not an option for us with satellite internet. Current package will go up to $79/month with Dish. They did offer to throw in all the movie channels and HBO for free over the next 24 months.

We only have the Hopper, but we do plan to expand to multiple rooms with the mini's if we switch. How good are the wireless capabilities? It's not a large house (2,100 sq feet downstairs with the Genie going directly into the center room).

Main requirements are SEC Network, HGTV, and the NFL Direct Ticket package (free for first year). HBO free would be great as well.

The wireless Genie Minis work fairly well, from what I hear. I have no experience with them directly, but I wouldn't expect any issues with that size house.

Depending on which Hopper you have, the Genie may have more or less tuners for watching and recording. The original Hopper and Hopper with Sling had 3 tuners (or effectively 6 if you enabled PrimeTime AnyTime, but then 4 of the tuners were only used for the big 4 networks). The Hopper3 has 16 tuners (more with PTAT). The Genie has 5, but the Genie does not need to use 2 tuners to record back-to-back shows on the same channel like the Hoppers do, which is where a lot of recording conflicts exist for many people as the pre- and post-show buffers that people use overlaps with each other. Anyway, just be aware of what you are losing/gaining in that respect.

The DirecTV dish may point to a different part of the sky than your current Dish setup. Most of the eastern US uses Dish's "Eastern Arc" satellites, while DirecTV's are over the middle of the country for everyone. Be sure you have visibility of the southwestern sky to receive DirecTV.

Looks like you will need at least the Choice channel package to get SEC Network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)