Moving--can I be a "new" customer with same phone #?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ssmaniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I'm a longtime (10 year) D* subscriber with a basic (no HD/DVR) receiver, which I own. I'm building a house and am thinking about upgrading to HD and/or DVR, or switching to E*. I've read some of the "retention" deals that people have been offered, and I'm trying to determine my options.

When I move, obviously I will have different street address, but I anticipate my phone number will remain the same. If I cancel my existing service, and try to sign up as a "new" customer under my wife's name and new/different address, but the phone number is same, will that render my wife ineligible as a "new customer?"

I'm thinking about signing up through Best Buy, to take advantage of 19" flat panel deal...

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

On an unrelated note, does the standard DVR have a coaxial output to service a second SD TV like Dish's 922?

Not sure but you should be able to use a cell number instead. I actually think the credit card check is what really determines a different account.

Thanks! Hadn't thought of credit card being an issue... Cell phone may work for initial sign up, but I would likely want to give them same land line number for receiver to avoid add'l charge.

Thanks! Hadn't thought of credit card being an issue... Cell phone may work for initial sign up, but I would likely want to give them same land line number for receiver to avoid add'l charge.

I dont think they care. Its only if you dont hook up the receivers to a phone line and have some advanced package or want to do PPV. You might even be able to change the phone number on the account after sign up. Online I went to my profile options and it does allow you to change phone number.

On an unrelated note, does the standard DVR have a coaxial output to service a second SD TV like Dish's 922?

No but you can buy RF converters that take the composite and it makes it work over coax. However, the Directv receivers are not 2 viewing separate tuners. Only one viewing out at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)