"Moving", can I not have phone lines hooked up?

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
If I "move" somewhere else, does Dish care if I have a phone line hooked up and it is coming from a number in CT?

What I'm asking is if when I "move", do I need to change the phone number on the account too or can I still keep it and keep the 522 plugged up to a phone line 24/7 avoiding the extra line fee.

I'm guessing it's asking for trouble.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that it must be connected to your "home" phone line (the one on your account). If you "move" to another state and don't change your phone number, that might be a bit suspicious.

You can "move" your adreess and keep your same phone number, that's no problem at all.

response to moving

call dish and do a change of address only after you have moved to your new address.you might qualify for dish mover promo.which would kill two birds with
one stone.

dishman007 said:
you will want to be able to give them your new phone number and new address at the same time

Um. I'm not a mind-reader or anything but I think the whole point he was trying to make is that he isn't actually moving and will not have a new phone number at which to connect his receivers.

Well the whole thing is I want to get PA's Fox Sports, but I live in CT. I'm just asking if I say I moved to PA, and still keep a CT number that's obviously monitored by the 522 dialing in every other day, would they care. If they do start to care at some point, what should be my concerns? Does anyone have a Dish account like this now?

Unless you are buying PPV, it appears the 522 will not call in every other day. Mine is calling in only once a month (every 18th day of the month).

I have "moved" & wanted to know if I could keep the phone line connected for caller id reasons. I was told I could do this without any problems, but do NOT qoute me on this because I do not let the receiver call out, I told the receiver to dial a fake pre-fix (1111111 & checked it on my regular phone) so the receiver would not connect just in case.

Here is a link to the thread, use the info at your own risk

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=32370

Jordan

I've moved twice and have no issues...once for distants (used my cabin) and the other to get Duluth, MN lcoals (used old work address)

Phone line was hooked up until I went cell phone only..different area codes (like 200 miles away)...no issues :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts